Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know... search old posts and all, and I have for sure read many from here and other online sources, seen dogs in person both with and without, and I still would like to ask...

Here is G at 10 weeks ( one week before his ears get a short crop )

what are some of yalls opinions about him specifically.. I like between a battle and a short crop.. how do some of you feel??

Thanks GP !:)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I think almost every dog looks great with a nice crop. Although I prefer natural ears and I think his are adorable. I always think it's easier to choose if you can see pics of the parents because then you know what the pup may look like as it matures.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
ill be keeping my pups ears. she looks to much like jeep, imo, to crop. has a lot of his mannerisms from the photos ive seen of jeep.

i saw that pic you posted in the conformation post and the dog you posted had his face lol.

try photo shopping his ears out to get a feel for what it would look like cropped

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I love a crop as I think everyone on here knows lol, If it was my pup id go with a medium crop between the short and show.. unless you expect him to have a fairly large head { the only time i like short - battle crops }

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I love angelbaby''s girl with the medium bell crop, I think its cali, right Angel? but since they are now reindeer's I can't show you what I mean. :) wait Cali isn't up there is she? (or have I once again confused luna and cali, lol) I am not a fan of the battle crop at all though, on any dog, personally JMO.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Don't crop, them ears sit perfect if you ask me.. Keep the character...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I love angelbaby''s girl with the medium bell crop, I think its cali, right Angel? but since they are now reindeer's I can't show you what I mean. :) wait Cali isn't up there is she? (or have I once again confused luna and cali, lol) I am not a fan of the battle crop at all though, on any dog, personally JMO.
LOL yes its calis that you like and they are all in this pic :) , she is the one farthest right :) LOL. I know gets hard keeping them all straight.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Both parents look fantastic without the crop! Keep this pup old school, with that pedigree it deserves to look like one of the past champions in it's bloodline. Bully's with their fat heads sometimes need a crop, but adba style dogs just look tougher without. Crop makes them look like show dogs.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
The only way I would crop is if I had an ambully or a ukc show dog.But I think that if you do crop then battle is too short.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would do a short show if you are going to crop. I personally prefer no bell but thats all on how you want to look to be.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your answers :) and now I am seriously reconsidering even doing a crop.
Fishinrob-- I got to agree with you. thats why most all of my dogs have their ears ( they all fall right I guess :))<--- KM

I wanted the short crop on him, guess that's my flavor tea? :) because I will be working and showing him.

Ryan-- I've had alot of people tell me he looks like Jeep :). She is very similar!! So is G though so dang...

Decisions!!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Doing a search on ADBA champions, it appears they award the natural ears. If UKC is your preference, they seem to award way more cropped dogs.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
While some judges have preference, you also have to consider that the majority of ADBA dogs have natural ears and the majority of the UKC dogs have cropped ears so in turn it would be likely that the CHs and GRCHs of both venues would tend to have ears like the majority of that venue. As with both venues there are title cropped ADBA dogs and titled uncropped UKC dogs just not as many due to each venues dogs being a majority of one way.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I've always heard that you had a better shot in the UKC with them cropped. I know nothing about shows, but would assume maybe the ADBA show dogs know something and don't crop for a reason. Just an educated guess based on what I see. I also would come to the assumption that more judges in the ADBA are old school and therefore would prefer the old school look. Again, just an educated guess based on what I've seen pulling the dogs up online. As you can tell, I'm a micro manager of things and try to leave as little to chance as I can:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts