Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bumble bee was PTS a couple months ago.

As Bee got closer to 2 years old she started being very submissive. If grabbed for trying to run off she would turn as if going to bite and scream.

For those who don't know who Bee is, she was my pick of litter out of Stack and Dumae who I bred a bit over 3 years ago. Bee was my pride and all my attention was focused to her. She was such a promising dog until she hit 2. After her issues started I decided to spay her and we would then place her with my mother in law in a singe dog home in hopes that it would be less stress on her.

Before she ended up going to my Mother in law she messed up bad....

This is a quote from my original post to the mods about what happened.
She couldn't separate what she was being aggressive toward and IMO that is something not needed in a dog.

Bumble Bee, Francis and Jerry Lee where out on the back 1/2 acre with me when I stepped out the gate to say something to Chris, and Bee and Faith where saying hi through the fence where Faith was tethered, Faith and Bee don't play together (I don't allow them loose together) but have never had issues being kenneled, crated and walked together. Well they start fighting so I go grab Bee and Chris grabs Faith. Jerry Lee and Francis were barking but not doing much during the fight. Once I grab Bee she drops Faith but is still screaming mad and is now screaming at me who is holding her so now Jerry Lee gets aggressive and hes trying to get around me to attack Bee.

Chris gets over to me and grabs Jerry Lee. Neither Faith or Bee was hurt, Faith has a small cut on her face where Bee grabbed her and Faith didn't get Bee at all through the fence so we walked the dogs ( Jerry and Bee) to their kennels. Well Bee is still going off and is barking at me through the kennel, so I go in and was going to get her and go put her in a crate and let her calm down to make sure she doesn't start fighting with my GSD through the kennel, well when I reach for her collar she lunged at me and then posted up still barking at me, I went to grab her collar again and she gave me a "warning" bite on my arm. It didn't break the skin but that bitch straight up bit me and then was barking again and jumping toward me. Not lunging at me but bouncing forward as she barked at me. She finally went after Francis who was barking in the next kennel and as she did I kneed her in the head and penned her to the fence so I could grab her and drag her screaming ass to a crate.
To those who adored Bee I am sorry, but being a great looking dog can't make up for a bad temperament. I am sorry it took so long to post, but any of the members who know what Bee meant to me will understand. She was also not put down until about a month after this issue and she was watched. She was getting more and more unstable and would jump back from you like you were going to beat her just for moving ( that dogs has never had a hand laid on her, she was always just perfectly behaved.)

RIP my little Busy Bee

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
She was one of the prettiest dogs I have ever seen { even if just in pictures} but I have always thought you did the right thing. Never an easy choice to have to make especially a dog you have put so much effort and time and love into. You have alot of my respect for doing what you had to do.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I was actually wondering a few weeks ago when I noticed she was absent from your signature pics. I am sorry to hear about this Holly but you did the right thing and it's not something a lot of people have the courage or heart to do but with her deteriorating behavior it sounds like her quality of life was already suffering due to her fearfulness.

She looked so much like Stack, I imagine that made it all the worse to have to make that decision, like losing him a second time :(

RIP Beautiful Bumble Bee

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I imagine that made it all the worse to have to make that decision, like losing him a second time :(
That actually made it really hard. Stack was one of the greatest dogs I have ever owned, and while at times after losing Stack it hurt to see Bee, this hurt so much more.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She was Nevada/RE

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I'm so sorry Holly. I know this was really tough on all of you. I would have never expected this from her either. She was so sweet and well behaved the first time I met her.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I remembered the first post, but wanted to offer my condolences again. :(
Bee was my first favorite dog on the forum, and she will always be remembered.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Holly I am super sorry to hear that. Bee was a gorgeous dog. I loved seeing pictures of her. RIP pretty baby Bee...

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Wow Holly, I'm sorry for your loss. You already had my respect, but now you have even more. It takes a strong person and a very responsible dog owner to make the decision that you made.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
RIP Bee.

All dogs go to heaven.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you to everyone. Her being submissive and skittish wasn't to big a deal, but her no being able to separate what she was being aggressive toward and target her rage thats not ok for me. It is different that just redirecting a bit, but I also don't except redirecting. If my GSD can move around me to go after a dog there is no reason why she should be focused on me after a fight. I have had to break her mother off several dogs and her mom is hard core, yet still never had direction issues on what she after.

I will not risk a person getting bit by a dog not matter what dog it is.

For awhile after this happened I really thought for awhile about not having a yard anymore at all. Letting my current dogs grow old and thats it. 12 years of dogs and after Lil mom, Stack and now Bee losing dogs really started to get to me. I guess when you have a large group your going to lose dogs more often, but it sucks.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I could not imagine, especially since you spent so much time and effort and love on her to be unstable must have just been so heartbreaking. Good for you for being strong enough to do what is right!

·
Banned
118 Posts
wow soo sad especially since you were so attached for so long, and is honestly one of the best looking pits i have ever ever seen seriously absolutely gorgeous, but no one can blame you its not your fault just a shocker after 2 yrs :(

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
my deepest sympathies. Loved that dog from the first photo I saw :)

way to be responsible though..

cheers

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Bee was a favorite! But you did absolutely the right thing. This breed should never even attempt to bite a person. I will miss seeing her beautiful face! RIP Bumble Bee.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
So sorry. I didn't know about Bee or Stack. I don't get on the boards much anymore. RIP Bee & Stack.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts