Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of toothbrush do people use? ive only seen one kind ever which is that boring ass green double sided one. Is there no others that work or is this it.....i will admit i use a humans tothbrush especially since it s a bit softer so i dont tear up there gums.
thanks

· Registered
91 Posts
I use dental chips/treats. I've tried the toothbrush route but the pup hates it and I feel foolish trying to hold him and shove a toothbrush in his mouth.

· Registered
55 Posts
i like the blue rubber finger thing instead of the actual brush. i gave up on an actual toothbrush 2 dogs ago. I vaguely remember my mom handing me the toothpaste kit and saying "take the dog into the bathroom and brush his teeth" and I was like WHAT?! Anyway, I quickly learned from trial and error that the dog who was supposedly experienced in tooth brushing was having nothing to do with me shoving a brush in his mouth.

Gunny's much easier. He'd probably eat the whole toothpaste tube if i'd let him, so it's easy to get a finger in there and rub around.

If you use your finger or the rubbery finger thing, basically the dog licks the toothpaste and you can scrub around. If you can hand feed your dog (ie he's not food aggressive), you should be able to brush his teeth.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my dog doesnt mind the toothbrush, ofcourse they dont pee them selves of excitement for it but they alwasy let me. but then i was just wondering if there was any nice dog ones incase i was making a mistake in using a human one. well it sounds like im not doin too bad so ill keep doin this unless otherwise noted

· I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,651 Posts
Yeah theyre expensive but say you brush once a week, one greenie for every cleaning, not too bad.

Or a lot of praise. Just make it fun.

When I first get my pups i pull their ears, rub their paw pads, their bellies, necks, scruff, nose, I pick em up, set em down for no reason, just mess with them in general. That way theyre not skiddish when I go to checking for healthy teeth, ears, eyes, etc.

Its all about establishing a routine and sticking to it. You'll see progress if youre consistent.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah theyre expensive but say you brush once a week, one greenie for every cleaning, not too bad.

Or a lot of praise. Just make it fun.

When I first get my pups i pull their ears, rub their paw pads, their bellies, necks, scruff, nose, I pick em up, set em down for no reason, just mess with them in general. That way theyre not skiddish when I go to checking for healthy teeth, ears, eyes, etc.

Its all about establishing a routine and sticking to it. You'll see progress if youre consistent.
lol oh yeah like i said before i dont have a problem with brushing there teeth, they like it. i just wanted to see if there was some cool or dog made toothbrushes out there but thanks for the help i appreciate it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.