Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my pet store, they had a sale on dogfood so I bought a 30lb bag of totw for 38 bucks(Normally 58)...

On my way out the lady let me know that totw was changing and going "Commercial", not sure what that means.I took it that they were going from a private to public company and someone else making there food? Not sure really which is what I wanted to ask.

I asked her how that affected me and she said it will go down in quality, but wasn't specific at all. She said they will let all the email subscribers know so everyone can make a decision if they feel they want to change food.

Can anyone share some knowledge on what this means?

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I believe its kind of like when something goes from a mom and pop business to a corporation if that makes sense. while the mom and pop set up put more care into their products, quality ingredients and other ... corporations look for mass production at a cheaper cost to their pockets for more profit. Unfortunately that usually means the product suffers because their skimming from what made it good in the first place ......

I could be wrong but will look into it see if anything is found

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
Subscribing... I hope they dont change anything. Totw is the best food I can find around here and the best price.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Well, I've been doing a bit of research and from what I've found nothing is changing.

ToTW is manufactored by Diamond food industries.

The Following foods are manufactured UNDER CONTRACT by Diamond.

Canidae Pet Food
Costco's Kirkland Signature
Solid Gold Health Products for Pets
D ick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pet Foods
Taste of the Wild Pet Foods

Please note that from my research TOTW is still its own corporation with its own CEO and is in no way affiliated with Diamond aside from the fact that Diamond holds its manufacturer contract.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts