Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say totw is a all life stage feed but now they make totw puppy formula, confused because i jus switched my pup too totw pacific stream!!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
My past two dogs have not been fed puppy food and they grew and developed fine. I used to feed Blue buffalo wilderness, Wellness, and Acana. They were all grain free. I no longer feed kibble and just transitioned my girl over to raw but she was eating TOTW at the breeders home since she was weaned on to kibble and as I said she is growing up fine ;)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I noticed this too, so I did my homework and if you go to their website there is a very minimal difference in the "puppy" and "adult" formula. In fact the adult formula hasn't changed a bit since it was labeled all stage. So I decided it is really just a marketing gimmick. They said they did this because of a demand for puppy food. But I can't see who in their right mind would demand to have to buy two separate bags of food... lol So I just continue to feed the adult food to my 5 year old dog and 8 mo pup.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed this too, so I did my homework and if you go to their website there is a very minimal difference in the "puppy" and "adult" formula. In fact the adult formula hasn't changed a bit since it was labeled all stage. So I decided it is really just a marketing gimmick. They said they did this because of a demand for puppy food. But I can't see who in their right mind would demand to have to buy two separate bags of food... lol So I just continue to feed the adult food to my 5 year old dog and 8 mo pup.
What formula do u feed, and how many cups a day do you feed your 8 month

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feed the High Prairie formula. It's bison and venison. I feed him around 2 1/2 cups a day.
I was thinkn bout switching my boy to that formula but all i read on here is dat thats to much protein, wat do u think

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I was thinkn bout switching my boy to that formula but all i read on here is dat thats to much protein, wat do u think
It's 32% protein. I have heard that it's bad for large breed puppies to have too much protein because it causes them to grow too fast, but these are not a large breed dog. And my dog is an older pup. He's doing good on the food.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New stupid CA law, along with a small hand full of other states, say "You can't have an all life stages food". Really most puppy, lite, senior formulas are just 'money making gimmicks', not all but most.

TOTW is a huge seller of mine, but still sell the 'adult' as ALS as at least with the Bison, and Foul one it's better food than the puppy.

Cheers,
Chad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts