Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What toys would you all say is the best for pits i have tried 2 or 3 toys from walmart and my girl has tore them up and i was going to try the kong toys but if she can tear up the dogzall toys idk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Xtreme Kong lasted the longest for my dog. But I put frozen peanut butter or yogurt in it with strips of carrots, beans or celery. The toy that has lasted the best for me was the almost indestuctable ball. I got the lrg size online at Petsmart. He goes bonkers over it. It took him awhile to learn to grab onto it but he mostly uses it as a soccor ball. You can also fill it with water to weigh it down. But my all time cheapest toys are a pair of old worn jeans with the legs knotted up and a tractor tire tied on a rope from a tree.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xtreme Kong lasted the longest for my dog. But I put frozen peanut butter or yogurt in it with strips of carrots, beans or celery. The toy that has lasted the best for me was the almost indestuctable ball. I got the lrg size online at Petsmart. He goes bonkers over it. It took him awhile to learn to grab onto it but he mostly uses it as a soccor ball. You can also fill it with water to weigh it down. But my all time cheapest toys are a pair of old worn jeans with the legs knotted up and a tractor tire tied on a rope from a tree.
The indestructible ball lasted or rotti a big 15 seconds and was all over the house and she might be easier on it than the rotti

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Not the softer rubber Indestructa-Ball, the hard plastic one, like this
Indestructi-BALL at PetCareRx.com
(10 inch one)

Coconuts work good
my boy got to that one above pretty quick, lasted a month or 2 tops.

This one has lasted the entire time I have had him, and I still have both and he is 3. He would play with it daily if I let him, I dont like how his toe gets after a while cause he sticks his dew claw in a hole to steady it and it gets raw if I let him play none stop every day as he would love too.

The big for outside only cause of the spit slime factor and the little for inside, not as much slime lol
Indestructible Dog Toys - Large Dog Toys - Pitbull Toys - Tough Dog Toys - Unbreakoball

I also still have my 2 original chuck it balls, they are a life saver and last forever (or as long as you don't lose them lol) he loves his ultra and the whistler best
Dog Supplies, Dog Food, Dog Beds, Toys and Treats Search - Dog.com

·
Registered
140 Posts
the kong extreme and kong extreme ball.... and i don't know what this one was but it was made from like firehose material with a plastic bottle in it.... it lasted for about six months before she was finally able to get the bottle out

·
Registered
140 Posts
and just plain old ropes seem to last pretty well......nothing that squeaks. could just use an old basketball or soccer ball to fetch with just let some air out

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i've tried the ropes and she chewed them up in no time but i'm going to try the kong toys i need some thing she can chew on for a while and not tear up in 30 secs

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
My girl gets through them in a month or two, but that's a MONTH or two of hard, constant play. I can't start with anything that has holes, if she has a purchase anywhere, it's a goner. If it's hard enough to withstand her working it, it's going to do more than grind down her teeth further. I've already had both upper canines pulled for slab fractures, not that that is a bad thing in the big scheme of things.

What's thew warranty on that? If I return it within the week, will they give me my money back?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I look for USA made quality & durability. My favorites are the Kong extreme, Nylabones & Tennis balls/Chuck it
just so you know - I do a lot of research on the products I sell and consider selling and as for the chuck-it the tennis ball that comes with have toxins (lead and bromine)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Probably why the chuck it ball is the only one that's last with my boy :(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
toys that have lasted the longest here are the kongs which we freeze with various things in them, jolly ball { we like the ones with ropes in it although the ropes get destroyed the ball lasts} , cuz balls ou dogs love them. The key is to put things away when you arent using them they arent meant to be chew toys. If you want stuff for him to chew look into raw bones , or antlers.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
I know this is an older thread but a good subject for new owners.

Angelbaby said it right, dont leave ur dog alone with any toy or else it will be destroyed. i like kongs, ropes, and old handtruck tires the best, although Odin does have a couple of stuffingless toys too. the kong frog has lasted him the longest, but knowing what i know about pit bulls, i wouldnt even try that with most of them. and as far as a chew toy i like nylabone and raw soup bones from the grocery store.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mine always tears stuff up too,but I bought 7 or 8 kongs toys(cant remember exactly how many) and they have all lasted ! Well except the tennis balls but I knew that would happen. I no longer buy stuffed toys,they just never make it and its a waste of money for me. She also plays with a basketball and sticks lol

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
oh yeah Odin loves to chew on sticks, steals all of our firewood and spreads it all over the backyard. lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts