Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my pup off pulling 5lbs then she started pulling 10 now she's pulling 35lbs the ? I have is if got a tire and walked her and let her pull the tire for our 1 mile walk would that help her more than going a 100 feet and doing 20 reps ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I started my pup off pulling 5lbs then she started pulling 10 now she's pulling 35lbs the ? I have is if got a tire and walked her and let her pull the tire for our 1 mile walk would that help her more than going a 100 feet and doing 20 reps ?
i would combine both eventually , at 8 months , i would just get her used to a harness and pulling a strait line . I personally dont condone real work till 2 years of age after health testing but i know there are other opinions.
as far as reps vs distance ...
muscles use different sets of fibers when you do endurance work than when you do burst explosions .. train what you compete with . i do both .

·
Registered
91 Posts
i would combine both eventually , at 8 months , i would just get her used to a harness and pulling a strait line . I personally dont condone real work till 2 years of age after health testing but i know there are other opinions.
as far as reps vs distance ...
muscles use different sets of fibers when you do endurance work than when you do burst explosions .. train what you compete with . i do both .
I just don't wont to burn her out I work her in the drive way then walk her she seems to like what she's doing and i'm going to fix a cart for her to pull and lay out land scape timbers for her to pull strait thanks for the info i will try both

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just don't wont to burn her out I work her in the drive way then walk her she seems to like what she's doing and i'm going to fix a cart for her to pull and lay out land scape timbers for her to pull strait thanks for the info i will try both
A good pullin dog will want more all the time . Brock about passes out from excitement when i get the harness.
dont work them on hard gravel or pavement/ cement .. youll mess up thier feet!

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah every time i get the harness out she goes crazy and she's ready to play i make it fun for her i put 5 lbs and let her run around and cut up like a pup does and she has a ball like i've heard people say on line the key is to make it fun. I was told to get her on a spring pole i've tried but she doesn't want any thing to do with it she would rather run around with some weights behind her

·
Registered
776 Posts
try a flirt pole ! real ez to make and then you can have fun together .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts