Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

As of now my puppy (7 months old) only barks in this one location where he hears an echo.

Now I want to teach him to bark on command. How should I go about this? Do you guys know of any tutorials I can check out?

What about teaching him to bark at the sight of something, is that possible?

Edge

·
Registered
37 Posts
I taught our puppies to bark by saying the word, "speak" and then would bark like a dog. When they would bark back at me, even a little noise, I would treat. Crazy as it sounds, it worked every time for me.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yep I pretty much did exactly as above but with a little hand motion too. Now I don't have to say "speak" I just do the hand motion and they will bark. I think it took about 5 minutes for them to learn (if that).

·
Registered
757 Posts
We have taught several of ours to speak on command. We even have one that will do 2 different ("pit bull" & and a "hound dog") bark on command. You may regret it though in the long run because they will bark everytime they want a treat.

But yes, everyone is correct about the training method. Treat the behavior you want over and over until they know what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.