Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we tested out our new collars from Nizmo's K9 Supply on the Schutzhund field. They worked out great and stood up to the test of hard training. This is Video from Sch training today and the puppies are coming along great!

Barca is a great high drive dog and I just love working him, but he is a lot of dog to handle. We are working on the "out" and he is doing better but you can see he is still a lot of work.

Part 2

working the out with E collar and tug

Varro is doing great and working on the bark and hold and the start of the escape bite.

Part 2

Siren

part 2

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Looking like some good gear Trevor and the dogs look fab as well Lisa.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Barca is a handful - great work

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
they all look great!! ive really gotta invest in some of them collars :D

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Great vids Lisa, they look great. I love how Siren takes her prize back to the truck that's too cute. I wanna snuggle her sweet little face :love:

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the collars a lot they held up well, some other collars the D ring slips around but this one stayed put. Siren is such a funny dog and she loves to work. Kevin (the guy behind the sleeve) is one of her favorite persons in the world! When we go out to do Obedience she has to run and jump in his lap and get some love before going to work. The dogs are coming along well and Barca is a good challenge for me as a trainer. He is such a hard dog with super high drive it take training several days a week to make the progress we have made. He is also doing great in Agility he can run several obstacles in a row, he is going to be fast like his momma.

Again thanks everyone and thanks to Trevor

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
thank you so much for including us in your post and your videos!!!
im glad they're holding up to your expectations. nothing makes me happier than a happy customer and their working apbt's :D

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I get a good product I have no problem telling everyone how happy I am ;)

One thing I should explain is the video of Barca for those that watch it. I was just looking at and it can look brutal for those that do not know what we are working on. Barca has a tendency to grab the sleeve (this is a problem with most APBT's, they like to wrestle) and try and ground it and wrap his paws around it. We need to teach them they cannot hold on to it with their feet only grip with the mouth. The whip the trainer is using is not a solid piece but a flexible padded stick and whip. He is hitting is front feet to teach him that is not a good idea to hang on but it does not hurt like you would think it does. It is uncomfortable but not as brutal as it looks. When the dogs spin and turn their back on the decoy they get popped in the butt with the whip so they learn not to turn their back and spin, the whip is uncomfortable but does not cut or cause a huge amount of pain just a sting to get the attention of the dogs.
Just thought I would explain a bit since watching the videos back I can see where people could think OMG WTH are they doing! lol
For those that know my dogs they are very lovable and great with people, both these dogs do Agility, Rally, Obedience, and soon WP. Schutzhund is a very choreographed sport and takes a large amount of control when you are working dogs in such high drives.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You have some amazing dogs! I love how Barca swings around in midair! lol. And Siren taking the sleeve back to the car was adorable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts