Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know how to word this with out sounding like a total ignoramus, but here goes...............

When I am taking a road trip with Gracie, how do I know which towns/states have BSL that I need to be concerned about? And if there's a law or restrictions regarding residents owning pit bull type dogs, how does that affect dogs just passing through or visiting for a couple of days?

TIA :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Usually, as long as you can verify that you and your dog lives in a different city and your just passing thru...you just get a warning and tell u to hurry on out.

U might have to pull out your puppy dog eyes thou...

...but not every city enforces the law with the same intensity.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
honestly, its something i wouldnt even worry about.. if you're just passing through then there shouldnt be a problem

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
If you are staying in a place for a couple days with BSL, their BSL is still in effect for you, even if you're "just visiting". You're staying in a place with that rule, you must follow that rule. They may be more lenient, but technically, the rules still apply.

I was travelling through North Dakota this spring, specifically through the city of Minot, which has BSL against pit bulls, and ended up having to sleep in the truck with Kane because even though the Motel 6 chain as a WHOLE doesn't discriminate against pit bulls, the Motel 6 that was in Minot had to follow the BSL legislation of the city.

Here's a list of states/counties/cities across the US with BSL (both confirmed and unconfirmed).

Punish the Deed, not the Breed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.