Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is, would taking Bailey away from home where she has been since 6 weeks old and going there for about a month (for christmas) like cause her any problems like homesick sorta ?

And would 6 hours be too long of a ride for her ? I mean obviously I would stop and let her walk around every so often on the way there and all that .

Not sure if actually going but just in case I wanna check everything first .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
6 hours isnt too long as long as you make a stop or 2 depending on the dog. Our farm is like 5 hours away and we used to always take our dogs with us as long as they travel ok and dont get car sick she should be fine. Our dogs have never had any issues with homesickness when we go away fro extended periods of time, I would think they would be more prone to homesickness if they were away from you and in a kennel situation. Usually as long as the people they are bonded with are with them they are happy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 hours isnt too long as long as you make a stop or 2 depending on the dog. Our farm is like 5 hours away and we used to always take our dogs with us as long as they travel ok and dont get car sick she should be fine. Our dogs have never had any issues with homesickness when we go away fro extended periods of time, I would think they would be more prone to homesickness if they were away from you and in a kennel situation. Usually as long as the people they are bonded with are with them they are happy.
Okay thanks,she has never been away from home except her spay ,which she got car sick right when we got there but other wise she is fine in cars .

Yeah I would stop some for her to get out and walk around a little , bad thing is they have to wear a muzzle there :( .

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
As long as she is a stable dog to begin with it shouldn't be an issue I took Bee to NM and back which was over 20 each way over a 3 day period and she was perfectly fine. If your dogs has fearful issues to begin with then that might be an issue, but if its a normal dog things should be fine, if not fun.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as she is a stable dog to begin with it shouldn't be an issue I took Bee to NM and back which was over 20 each way over a 3 day period and she was perfectly fine. If your dogs has fearful issues to begin with then that might be an issue, but if its a normal dog things should be fine, if not fun.
No shes not fearful or anything,but in ohio they have to wear muzzles,which sucks and I hate to take her there but I cant leave her here cause theres no one to watch her and theres no boarding places which I wouldnt put her in anyways .

I hope its fun,I am not taking her on walks and will keep my eyes on her at all times,I will not take a chance on something happening to her . I guess we will just play in the yard unless BSL laws change by then :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you only have to muzzle off property right? so if you keep her to the yard or wherever it should be fine. Dont they just require muzzles if ina public place like streets/ parks ect? thats how the muzzle laws are here in the citys that have them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you only have to muzzle off property right? so if you keep her to the yard or wherever it should be fine. Dont they just require muzzles if ina public place like streets/ parks ect? thats how the muzzle laws are here in the citys that have them.
Yeah ,so she will have to stay in the yard the whole time,which is fine but she will have to wear one when I make stops on the way there .

And she will be in at night so it should all be okay . Plus I have never been there so I have no idea about how many people/dogs live near by ,but I know theres others so NO walks because of that also ,bailey is DA .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.