Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the tri colored pits......But what's up with the purple pits and i hear people are spending top dollar on these dogs.First thing came to mind was oh man new Fad!!!SMH SN: BUT I REALLY WANNA KNOW WASSUP!!LOL

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
could be referring to a purple ribbon bred dog

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
nah these "purple " dogs that people are refering to they are actually called champagne but its just a new spin to it and something people made up to make them sound like the new rare color and sales pitch to sell them. nothing rare. they are breeding them for color now and most who do this are BYB's as any reputable breeder look at other things before color like structure, lines, health ect. Some of the ones I have seen have had more blue in them making them appear more purple then others but are still actually just a champagne color.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I need to get me one of those they sound awesome how much they going for? $10,000?
lmfao

I hope it looks like this...

:hammer:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured it was a bunch of crap I just wanted to make sure I was correct.Yeah I just saw a so-called purple pit on the net not impressed one bit. BYB's need to kill there selves for this one.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
The color is actually very pretty , its not rare though as they make it sound and its not actually called purple just a sales gimmick. I do like the color though.

·
Banned
314 Posts
New backyard breeder sales pitch. Purple is not a recognized color of any registry.
I don't think it can get more straight and to the point than that.:clap:
Never heard of purple until today though, LOL.

Reactions: 9361

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quickly googling that, it brought up this

Purple Tri Color Pitbulls - Yakaz For sale

Purple Ribbon, then black tri ( the ones for sale)

I didn't find anything really about the colour being purple. Learned something new today ^_^

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
heres a breeder who specializes in champagne and rare blue fawns known as lilac or silver LMAO ...
in there own words "If it's a rare Champagne Pitbull and Unique Lilac Pitbull Color your after then you've arrived at the right site!!! Although Blue is the primary color that courses through our bloodlines; we at Family 1st Kennels specialize in the recessive color genomes that produce Fawn Blue Pitbulls, Tricolors Pitbulls, Champagne Pitbulls and the very Rare Blue Fawn Pitbulls also known as(Silver Fawn)or(Lilac) Puppies."

Family 1st Kennels - Main

·
Registered
106 Posts
heres a breeder who specializes in champagne and rare blue fawns known as lilac or silver LMAO ...
in there own words "If it's a rare Champagne Pitbull and Unique Lilac Pitbull Color your after then you've arrived at the right site!!! Although Blue is the primary color that courses through our bloodlines; we at Family 1st Kennels specialize in the recessive color genomes that produce Fawn Blue Pitbulls, Tricolors Pitbulls, Champagne Pitbulls and the very Rare Blue Fawn Pitbulls also known as(Silver Fawn)or(Lilac) Puppies."

Family 1st Kennels - Main
Ok one thing I need cleared up, from the book on APBT it says they are a medium dog ranging weight 30 - 75lbs & "have even produced giant versions of APBT approaching 100lbs or more" ... would that still be considered normal? being 100lbs or more?

The site says "extra large dogs weighing 100lbs

1 - 20 of 65 Posts