Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo basically my grandparents have 3 chihuahuas and she taught them to "sit pretty" so i tried to teach my uncles lab to do it, he didnt have enough balance and my grandma commented that big dogs cant sit pretty because they have to much weight to try and balance. so i decided to try it with tini. couldnt believe he picked it up so fast took me nothing but ten minutes.

any body else got cheesy tricks they taught their dog?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
HAHA SOOO PRETTY!!!! and smart boy! YAY!! Always wanted to teach Mel to dance, but though he was too top heavy, now I should try again, lol.

I taught Garagmel when I meet someone I ask their name, like Sally. And then ask Gargamel "Hey Mel, Would you rather be Sally, or a dead dog?" and lays and he rolls over and usually sticks his tongue out. lol I get a lot of laughs at that one.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Aw, he's so handsome. :)

Kane doesn't have any neat party tricks. I've been trying to teach him to stand on his hind legs, but he hasn't mastered it just yet; he has a hard time finding his balance. He tries real hard though. He'll do anything for food, haha.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try getting kane to sit like this first just prop him up and give him a treat i think its easier for him to find his balance if his base if larger then once hes a pro at holding the pose try him standing on his hind legs remember baby steps :). im guilty of bribing with marshmallows it gets the point across because they dont get em that often.

i wish i could teach tini how to play dead. hes stubborn as hell sometimes though. youd definitely be able to teach garagmel to dance. i bet he'd be like this :woof:. every one told me tini was to top heavy to sit pretty then he picked it up.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
try getting kane to sit like this first just prop him up and give him a treat i think its easier for him to find his balance if his base if larger then once hes a pro at holding the pose try him standing on his hind legs remember baby steps :). im guilty of bribing with marshmallows it gets the point across because they dont get em that often.

i wish i could teach tini how to play dead. hes stubborn as hell sometimes though. youd definitely be able to teach garagmel to dance. i bet he'd be like this :woof:. every one told me tini was to top heavy to sit pretty then he picked it up.
gonna get on it now, didnt think to start as sit and work from there, thanks :). he is a high five master, now to get both paws up, lol.

The key to teaching him to play dead was first getting him to understands the "wait" command. (which I trained as a "freeze") I skipped roll over and went from a lay down and would roll him to his side and tell him to "wait" only took 3 days to teach him with the phrase, lol.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i gotta try that. i tried teaching him roll over but he just kinda laid there like he was dead.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Well, it's partly finding his balance and partly realizing that I won't get mad at him for doing it, haha. It's like ... either he doesn't get the balance for it or he does get the balance, but thinks I'm mad at him for doing it. This is the same dog I had to teach how to tug because any time I reached for the rope or touched it, he'd immediately drop it.

Sometimes he's too polite for his own good. ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awww that's awesome :D My Phoenix (RIP) used to do that as well. I thought I had pics somewhere but I don't. Too cute :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Big dogs can do it too :) Dosia can sit pretty all day. Funny thing is the cat does it too cause she wants to be just like him lol.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awe do you have a pic of pheonix anyways? id like to see him

dosia is an awesome name. our cats hate me we rescues a wild kitten and she just sits and swats at me all day. thats funny though cats just seem long to me so in my head its body looks longer than it should when it sits pretty

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol yes I do there are plenty in my profile, but since he has passed it is hard for me to look at his pics just yet. I'll find one and post it, he is the red dog in my avatar pic ;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
LOL! That is great! What a cutie :)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know the feeling we had a saint bernard named cujo that my mom rescued he was sitting in front of a turning lane that lead to the free way blocking traffic so she opened the car door and he just ran and jumped in. he was an amazing dog but he had a horrible hip problem his last few months before we had to put him down we we're carrying him with a towel just to get him outside to relieve himself. we only had him for like less than a year but he was just that kind of dog never met a person he didnt love and who didnt love him back. we're about to lose another member our 14 year old pointer really bummed out on it the first dog i really called mine. but the best thing a family member can give you is memories they stick with us forever. pheonix has some ears on him i love em.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Dead dog at its finest... especially when tired lol

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i'd probably be layin next to him taking a nap. i dont know how people can think these dogs are scary i always thought they were beautiful

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Here are some cheesy tricks. Loki does a whole gob of tricks, from shutting the door to holding a cookie on her nose. But some of the most fun ones are those that involve her using her mouth. She will pick things up, get things for me by name (sometimes). She even knew how to pull open her crate door by a sock knotted on the front when it would get pushed shut from the outside.

^The trick

^The gag reel

^Her getting me water from the fridge. We started on soda, but she likes retrieving plastic bottles better than aluminum cans.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwww Loki rocks! Great job I love the gag reel! hahahahahaha and SOOO excited to shut the fridge :) great tricks!!!!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I forgot just how funny that gag reel is. ROTF.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts