Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drive a route for work and make stops at different medical labs and hospitals here in the bay area. I was making a stop at one of my favorite labs because I get along with the ladies who work there and we always bs about random stuff. One of them asked how my dog was and I showed off some pictures.

Well a lady patient asked to see and I showed her and she then proceeded to ask the usual questions. "Oh what kind of pit is he? Do you breed him? How much did you pay?" Etc, etc. I just told her that I rescued him and that there's only one kind of pitbull and that's the american pitbull terrier. She goes off on how there's rednoses and bluenoses and tries to correct me, whatever.

So she said that she has a female pitbull who's having her first heat right now and that she wants to have a litter but the vet said she was too young, but that didn't matter because she was going to breed her. I asked her why she would breed her dog if a vet already said she was too young and I was told "oh, I just want to". Smh.. I guess I may have actually done the whole head shaking thing because she went on the defensive and started asking me why shouldn't she breed, who am I to say she can't, blah blah blah.

Her reason for wanting to breed her dog was the common "she's a good dog and beautiful" and because she just wants to. It just made me think she wanted to make some money off her dog so I told her there's already a huge overpopulation of pitbulls and because there's so many in shelters, thousands are euthanized daily. Irresponsible owners and backyard breeders contribute to this and she's acting irresponsible for wanting to breed a dog that's too young to have a litter and she's about to become a backyard breeder.

I just did my best to shed some light and knowledge with this lady and even though she heard me, she wasn't listening. It just makes me soooo mad when I come across people like this.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just remember you can educate some but not all... At least you tried

And people like that piss me off too.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
ugh people make me so mad, i was at the flea market this saturday and this guy saw cheza (who is just a pup fyi 7 mo) and first thing out his mouth is it is a female is she fixed? i swear some people just get under my skin to no end!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts