Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 11week old who is partially deaf in both ears and has a little trouble breathing when he is sleeping and perfers to sleep with his head tilted up and wakes up with a bunch of buggers is therr anything to help him with his

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should probably have him examined by a vet. There a any number of things that could cause this problem. Since treatment differs with certain conditions, a veterinarian would be able to diagnose the problem and hopefully find the best solution to solve it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
For your info a partially deaf dog should be culled....but who these days will listen?
Just make damn sure you never breed that dog, or those flaws will pass on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont mean to be rude but just because he is part deaf doesnt make his life less worthy,he does everything a normal dog would

·
Registered
870 Posts
Dont mean to be rude but just because he is part deaf doesnt make his life less worthy,he does everything a normal dog would
The fact he is deaf tells me whoever you got him from was a peddler, or just a back yard breeder, who had no concern for the quality of the dog.
Think about it...is that a trait you would want passed on? Were the parents, or one of them deaf?
I would NEVER hand over a deaf or any other type of faulted pup to an owner.

You said yourself 11 weeks....that means you have no clue to how that PUP will turn out.
Let me guess...he's cute and playful and loving?
That is the back yard breeders ace of spades that catches the unaware all the time.

Here's a bit of history for you....
When I was younger I met some jack ass at a job that bragged he had a Gator dog he got...
But guess what? The dog was deaf. I first of all told him it was not an ApBT. They are not 90+ lbs! (It was all white too.) It was 2 years old.
I told him he was cheated and as he had just moved in with his new girlfriend and 3 year old daughter, he'd do best to put it down.
He said nearly the same as you did, that I was wrong about that dog.

Two months later.....a call comes in at work, and he is called to the office.
Soon he is fleeing in tears. Me and a couple others just wondered what it was about.
Next day in paper, a 3 year old girl had her face bitten up so bad she was unrecognizable!!!
Why did it bite her? A kid being a kid, she ran up to the dog, and it must not have heard her coming.
It just suddenly turned on her....perhaps the dog was sorry later, but it was too late to change a thing.
Cops made a correct choice in this case, partly out of anger at what they saw...they shot the dog dead once outside with it.

The guy however, who didn't listen, lost much more. He never even looked at me after that,
but lost his home, his girlfriend,
and is probably still paying the hospital bill to this day for the lawsuit filed against him.
Even worse, that fake "pit bull" ruined the reputation of the breed in the town and it was banned after that, within 6 months.
And they are ALL FAKE that have flaws such as deafness, as it shows a breeder that has no concern for the quality and welfare of the breed.

Feeling sorry for a dog and thinking it's cute doesn't give one the excuse to allow a dog to continue living if it has a fault that can effect others.

But hell, who will listen these days....there is no quality in a deaf dog.
Nothing it can do to improve the breed, that is WAY overbred by kids who have no clue what a real ApBT is.

I'll just part with the words of an old timer....
"In a word, the pit bull, always and ever after, is himself. A good part of him always was and always will remain unknown to us, a mystery. But that he is a powerful and formidable animal, planted four square - that we do know! And the moment you start looking at him and seeing only the pure reflected light of the everlastingly sweet and ever loving you - then you have made a dangerous mistake. And it can be a fatal one!

And further, whatever the antidogfighting pit bull fanciers out there might think of the dogfighter, its nevertheless quite likely that the dogfighter's understanding of the pit bull dog is going to be truer than theirs. For where it it comes to the fighting dog - which is exactly what the pit bull is - the dog fighter as likely as not knows ALL the notes, not just every other one. And where so many pit-bulls-as-pets fanciers hear only the loving, lilting strains of the pit bull's sweetly fluting upper register, and then the clarion call of the heroic in him - the dog fighter hears the tympani as well, the rolling thunder in his soul - and then that blinding flash of lightning when the cymbals crash."

What most don't know is, most the mutts called a "pit bull" today may in fact have it in em,
but when you combine the power and determination of these fearless dogs
with a cur dog, which is in fact all non-pit dogs, trouble will follow, and it will be too late to correct it.

Reactions: EckoMac

·
Registered
962 Posts
Have you had a vet check him out and define the reason for the deafness? If you get the chance pull up some x-ray pics of the head of a dog. The sinus', to the ears, to the nose, there are connections... are you sure your pup isn't showing signs of deafness because he just has a really bad upper respiratory infection that has never been treated? Just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts