Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
The whole laying with the legs out backwards? Like a frog. Does this actually lead to hip problems if it becomes a habit? Akasha seems to like to lay like this sometimes and I want to get in it check if it will lead to hip issues.

Oh wow... she's so little!!! Haha, that pic was one from the first day we got her.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Awww my girl loves to lay like that!!!! I dont think it causes hip isses not the best of my knowlege
anyway

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Meh - Kane does this from time to time, usually when he does a little commando crawl to get to a bone or something.

Only dogs I've owned that had lots of hip problems were my two GSDs... and they never laid down like that.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I can't see that happening from that. I raised an EB from pup that aways did that and they are almost #1 in getting hip dysplasia...he was fine. They do that when they want the coolness on their belly.

Anyone experience a dog doin that w carpet? Idk I've never had carpet but I would suppose they don't do it as much.

Hip dysplasia for the most part is genetics.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I had an Austrailian Cattle dog that would lay like that and he was built like a tonka truck! Strong and muscular....I had his hips checked and he was fine. My girl lays like that as well and I don't worry about it. I have seen alot of dogs lay that way and they never had hip issues. I'd say it's a myth.....HD is genetic.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
HD depends on if its in the genes or not, not how they are sitting. I think its a good stretch when my boy sits like that. he only does it on the bed though maybe it hurts his elbows lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
My dogs sit like that all the time...every pit I've ever met does actually... I know for my dogs their elbows get red and raw sometimes from doing it on tile though.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I knew it was a common thing with Bull Dogs. I can't even remember where I heard it leads to hip problems. She was laying on the couch with the hubby like that and I thought I'd ask y'all. I think its the cutest darn way to lay ever lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
my dogs do that all the time especially crush , I love the frog legs LOL never heard of hip issues due to that.....??...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
It doesn't cause hip issues and is a very common laying position especially for bully breeds.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I've never had a pit that didn't lay like that. I think the frog dog is cute :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts