Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im wondering the best dog food brand i could give my 10 month old puppy and when to switch him to adult food... also wondering if there where any special things i could give him to help him add some weight.... he eats all the time but his waist just looks skinny sumtimes and makes me feel bad... also would like to know sum muscle building techniques.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay so im wondering the best dog food brand i could give my 10 month old puppy and when to switch him to adult food... also wondering if there where any special things i could give him to help him add some weight.... he eats all the time but his waist just looks skinny sumtimes and makes me feel bad... also would like to know sum muscle building techniques.
He is still a puppy so if your feeding a 5 or 6 star food and some exercise you should be good there is a thread about this if you type in dog food comparison chart in the search bar you will be able to find a good kibble for your pup. he is still growing some pups fill out till about the age of 2 or so. if your are looking for some exercises i wouldn't do any hard conditioning, but you can use a flirt pole and you can also get him used to a spring pole (keep it low to the ground) walks, and short runs would also be good. But really the size of your dog has a lot to do with genetics. I would wait till he is about 12 months old to switch him to adult food. hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
My pups have gone through several brands till they finally were "satisfied" with TotW. 1st we tried eukanuba, bad idea out the gates, didn't know any better. Then to Wellness Supermix 5 for pups, good kibble and rated pretty high but my pups didn't seem to like the fish smell and weren't eating as much. Blue Buffalo puppy formula was great, good results, easy on their tummies, but for some reason and only my pups would know, after a month on it, "lost" the taste for it. I have them on Taste of the Wild roasted lamb and rice and literally they are knocking me over to get to their bowl. Never had that happened before. More happy and full of energy.
Pretty much your pup will decide what he or she will enjoy eating. we try to give them the best because we love them and want for them to live a long and healthy life.
As far as switching them to adult food their again some brands have all life stage formulas where you dont have to switch. Just keep feeding the same one. totw is one, so is canidae which, incidentally, are both grain-free.
I'm no expert by any means but this site, its forum staff and members , have made me more knowledgeable and more understanding of our beloved "kids". Glad i found them. you will be too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good to know....IDK if you can or can't, but once a brand is found thats giving great results and pups are enjoying it, just stick to it, JMO

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
is he under weight? or you just trying to bulk him up a bit.. if he's under weight try Satin Balls..
Holistic Dog - Satinballs Satin Balls

if you're trying to bulk him up, wait until he's a bit older and try the satin balls..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts