Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leara is a VERY active and VERY,VERY playful girl.

Plus's to her : Very food motivated, great with children,great with ALL animals ( even little dogs and cats), loves people.

She is a little head strong, and a little immature for her age, she is a nibbler when she tries to kiss, she climbs EVERYTHING from 6 foot walls,fences and even trees, she still try's to steal off the counters :/ ( which is my fault!!), she likes to be up high on tables outdoors, and will play with everything. I stay outside with her, and tether her just to keep her safe ( away from anything she can climb) She wants noting more than to play and annihilate every chew toy,bone kong ect.. she loves chewing tires ( as in car tires..and tire swings as well as tug them)

I have tried over and over again to get her to stop nibbling when she gets excited and kisses.. but she has little impulse control.. ( yes probably me again!) is a big puller and will play tug of war with anything.. even her own tether.

I need to work on her basics in more depth ( my last girl was very intuitive and a little less wild, and excepted correction the first time) I need find her niche'/her job.. as she clearly wants more stimulation than what I am giving her... any suggestions?

I think if I can get her the stimulation she needs she would actually be tired at nights end.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
What tricks or commands does she know? Going by what you've said, here's a couple I think you could benefit from and will also provide her with stimulation:

Leave It -- She gets what she wants by controlling her impulses and listening to you.
Touch -- This can help her by allowing her to manipulate the environment around her. She gets a treat/whatever she wants by bopping your hand with her nose
Drop It -- She's a mouther, so this will help twofold--she learns to drop things to give them back to you and she learns impulse control by letting go of something she already has and wants.

As to your other post talking about what sports to get her in, I would suggest trying everything and seeing which the two of you like the most. Pit bulls are such versatile dogs, they can really do anything you ask of them. Sports you can try: Dock diving, agility, rally, obedience, weight pull, schutzhung, disc dog type stuff, the list goes on and on.

Has she taken any classes yet? If she hasn't, I would start out with a basic obedience class. This will help with the issues you're having now as well.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I am sorry but I am not seeing how old she is? I am assuming that she knows the basic commands so I would try some action real action sports with her if she has good recall you could try frisbee lots of dogs love chasing and catching a frisbee. Since she likes to jump and climb I would look into agility too. Do you have any dog clubs around?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is 7.5 mos old... she is pretty good all around... she even loves the water, she purposely will drop things in her water dish, and submerge her head to retrieve it. In Fl she had to jump in the pool every morning... lol

As I said before she is a good pup just HIGH energy like most terriers... she is not aggressive with other animals but will test them ( my 2 pekingese and poodle boss her around lol) but she WILL defend herself without a doubt. I try to not allow any of them to exhibit any alpha behaviors.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
If she likes to swim, you could try Dock Diving. My boy does Amateur Dock Diving right now, he runs to the end of the dock at the lake and launches himself off after his bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts