Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We adopted our pit from a rescue in August. Ever since we've had him, he's had gas and loose stools... not diarrhea, just not firm. He acts normal though, his energy is normal, he eats pretty normally, sleeps fine, plays fine. Just wondering if this is just "how he is" or if we should be changing something. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is what are you feeding him? Next, has he been de-wormed and checked by a vet?

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing that comes to mind is what are you feeding him? Next, has he been de-wormed and checked by a vet?

Joe
We're feeding him Nutrience Grain Free medium breed, have been for a few months. He was on Acana before that but it was the same. I don't know if he's ever been de-wormed honestly, he's been to the vet his fair share in the last couple months, he had some injuries that were required emergency, so he was looked over then. Maybe I should look into de-worming! I didn't even think of that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Joe
No, he was de-wormed! In August when we got him, they sent him home with a de-wormer. So that was the last time. Entirely possible he picked something up, he goes to the off leash dog park or my parents or in laws farms all the time.

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
How long did you feed the Acana after you got him? How did you transition into this new food?
Try adding a tablespoon of plain canned pumkin in his meals and see if that helps. It's possible he just hasn't had a proper transition into a food, so may take some time to solidify. The pumpkin should help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did you feed the Acana after you got him? How did you transition into this new food?
Try adding a tablespoon of plain canned pumkin in his meals and see if that helps. It's possible he just hasn't had a proper transition into a food, so may take some time to solidify. The pumpkin should help.
We fed him another bag, so a month probably, he's been on the Nutrience food since about November. So more than a few months, now that I think of it. We transitioned him properly, mixed the foods together for a while until he was completely eating the Nutrience food. I'll try the pumpkin also!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts