Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conner tweaked his knee. Meds and rest.
Happy thoughts appreciated. If no improvement in a week, x-rays to rule out torn ACL.
Crap, don't want to have to deal with that!!
Going to get a brace to help with stability.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Duke had this happen while playing with our BCs. Of course they are bullets compared to his speed and they ram him over. He was good to go after 3-4 days but did show some bruising later the next week.

·
Administrator
5,664 Posts
Conner tweaked his knee. Meds and rest.
Happy thoughts appreciated. If no improvement in a week, x-rays to rule out torn ACL.
Crap, don't want to have to deal with that!!
Going to get a brace to help with stability.
Soooo sorry to hear BZOO. Try your best to keep him down, leash and kennel. I know Conner will hate it but better than that dreaded surgery. In my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's feeling better. Putting weight on it now, being ok with having it touched.
Also, he has graduated from the crate at night. He's still trying to sneak on the bed, but two people and two Pugs is all we can fit.😁
So, less crate time but still crated when we leave.

·
Administrator
4,835 Posts
He's feeling better. Putting weight on it now, being ok with having it touched.
Also, he has graduated from the crate at night. He's still trying to sneak on the bed, but two people and two Pugs is all we can fit.😁
So, less crate time but still crated when we leave.
Just be careful. Bulldogs will act like they're fine when it's just a tolerable pain. If it were me, I would keep him on light duty for another week just to play it safe.

·
Administrator
5,664 Posts
I agree with Mac, BZOO. Try to keep him on a leash if possible. These dogs are almost impervious to pain and want to do what they want, which includes jumping and running. Hopefully, Conner dodged a bullet but keep him down for a bit more.
Happy to hear that he is mending though. Fingers crossed that there is no reoccurrence.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts