Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maryland

Just give this a read. Since I will be going back to Maryland when I get out of the Army I have been searching Dog laws in Maryland, and in Frederick County where I will be at.

This is just another example of misguided representation of a cettain breed, pitbulls in particular. Why couldn't they say poodle, or Chihuahua?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I just found out there are no BSL against Pits in Frederick County, none at all. They treat them just like any other pup. That makes me feel better. I did find out that Pits are Banned from Prince George's County is ya'll didn't know.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Well I just found out there are no BSL against Pits in Frederick County, none at all. They treat them just like any other pup. That makes me feel better. I did find out that Pits are Banned from Prince George's County is ya'll didn't know.
If you do end up moving to a place with BSL you also have to remember by the time you are ready to own a dog, if you are still in that area there is a chance BSL will be overruled when it comes to voting on it again.

One thing you'll have to accept though, is the APBT (even in misguided forms) as well as many other working breeds (i.e GSD) are subject to BSL so if you end up getting one and BSL is raised you'll have a choice to make. Abide by laws, surrender your dog or move. As unfortunate as it is thats just a fact of life we all live under.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts