Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as i had thought tiva went into heat before. well she didnt.
but she started her heat FOR SURE today...
we have had her spay scheduled for this coming wednesday, but of coarse she couldnt wait one week.
oh joy :rain:
just one more thing to add to my already hectic life.
advice anyone? tho i am a vet tech i am new at it and still learning. never owning an intact female before.
we have a pretty small backyard, so im not allowing her outside without a leash and me. im keeping her and nismo seperated as i dont want to take the chane of the that on switch going on.
i feel so bad for her she just wants to be with right next to me and is being SOOO clingy.
i played with her for about 40 minutes with the flirt pole and tug when i got home. ( i wasnt home all day but sarah was.)
so its pretty much back yard with me and crate.
should i put nismo's crate in a separate room? as of now there crate are in the same room.
i would let her inside but i dont want that ish on my carpet.
and right now nismo is freaking out about the fireworks...
and i am out of acepromazine and benedryl.

lots of peanut butter bones for when she's in the crate sound like a good idea?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Pick up some chlorophyll tablets. Helps to cover up "heat" odor if not eliminate it completely. I learned that here.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pick up some chlorophyll tablets. Helps to cover up "heat" odor if not eliminate it completely. I learned that here.
thank you! i was looking for that thread by PK. do know where to getr them and how spendy they might be?

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww poor girl... don't they sell diapers for dogs in heat? That way she could be inside more at least
they do... buttttt w/me being laid off and sarah not being able to have a job. i can barely come up with the NEEDS right now.
im working off my debts with the clinic that laid me off. im "volunteering" there to get tiva spayed and cover any other vet stuff i need. which is a blessing sorta. if you get what i mean lol

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
oh dang Trevor, in all honesty I would put Nismo in a seperate room or Tiva for that fact, poor girl, poor you bro, I hope you and Sarah get things figured out and it is kinda cool that the vet place is letting you volunteer to pay of debt and vet care stuff. Keep us posted but Phoebe is the only intact female I have ever owned and she doesn't live with me so I never have had to worry about that. Hugs

Reactions: Nizmo

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Trevor, maybe check with the vet you're "volunteering" at to see if they can provide you some of those tablets that Nikki suggested. I'm sure you don't want to add to your debt, but that would help, some. Vick's vapor rub on Nizmo's nose will help kill the intensity of the smell he picks up, though he'll probably still smell where she urinates at and begin to foam and chatter a bit. Unfortunately, there's nothing that you can really do about that. I never really did have to deal with these issues, as my first female, Alyia (the pit mix) was spayed after her first heat, but the male I had, Bruce (used to be my avatar on here) wasn't old enough to know what was going on yet. Debo was already deceased when Onyx came in for the first time. Sorry, I can't be of more help at this moment, but just hang in there. Yes, lots of peanut butter bones are an excellent distraction for her while she's crated. I understand not wanting a mess to clean up when you get home. You can always make a "make-shift" diaper for her if you've got an old ripped up t-shirt or some old panties that Sarah's not using. You can put a maxi-pad or two in the panties, an cut out a hole for her tail, and have her wear that while she's bleeding heavily.. but supervise her, and make sure she don't rip it off and eat it, lol. If you don't have an old t-shirt or panties/underwear you can use, you can get a cloth diaper (now used for burping babies, instead of diapering) and pin it on her like you would a baby, also lined with a maxi-pad, and cut out a hole for her tail. Just be sure to keep a constant eye on the safety pins to be sure she's not being stabbed or poked by them. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Aww poor girl... don't they sell diapers for dogs in heat? That way she could be inside more at least
Yeah, they even have dog thongs now too! lol My friend got one for her pit bull, Jazzy, and sent me a picture of it. It seemed to really help...until she tore it to shreds!

·
Registered
296 Posts
they do... buttttt w/me being laid off and sarah not being able to have a job. i can barely come up with the NEEDS right now.
im working off my debts with the clinic that laid me off. im "volunteering" there to get tiva spayed and cover any other vet stuff i need. which is a blessing sorta. if you get what i mean lol
Awww yeah I'm sorry that really sucks. Loki ended up having a few surprise expenses but luckily it's not so much my dad was nice enough to help me out. I know what you mean I'm glad I'm finally able to get a job again because not eating sucks lol now just finding one is the hard part...Good luck though sorry I couldn't help more!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Is there a reason you can't still spay her wend? I thought your clinic did in heat spays. I've always just used diapers or only allowed crate and supervised outside time.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You can always make a "make-shift" diaper for her if you've got an old ripped up t-shirt or some old panties that Sarah's not using. You can put a maxi-pad or two in the panties, an cut out a hole for her tail, and have her wear that while she's bleeding heavily.. but supervise her, and make sure she don't rip it off and eat it, lol.
lol ever since I was like 12 I can't wear anything but thongs lol. I can't stand having what I like to call "trap butt" in the grannies so I don't even own a pair lol. but I'm sure we could find some cheapies that would work thanks for the good Idea

·
Registered
711 Posts
Is there a reason you can't still spay her wend? I thought your clinic did in heat spays. I've always just used diapers or only allowed crate and supervised outside time.
They do in heat sprays, but beacuse they over book and do such low cost spays they were super booked up. We got squeezed in thank god, and didn't have to wait til the 17 like they were planning

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we found the chlorophyll! 10-15 bucks at whole foods!!!
thank you for all the info guys i read all your posts and im sorry i dont have the time to respond to each and everyone.
but you guys have all been such a big help!!!
i feel so bad for her, she is literally crying tears and vocally crying. its weird lol. but she is just soooo clingy to me. if im right there with her she's not crying but if she's in her crate the tears are falling.
anyone else's in heat bitch drop tears???

sarah forgot to ask if it was liquid or what for the chlorophyll. stupid question but does it matter???

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Trevor-
My first female pit bull, Yea (like YAAAAAY!), wasn't fixed and the whole heat thing was foreign to me. At first I put one of those diapers on her and used real maxi pads (w/ wings) but it would still come off after a few hours so I started using old white t-shirts. I tied them on her just like a diaper and it worked perfectly and didn't come off.
Good luck!! Oh, and I always find cow hooves to be good for passing the time. That's what I gave Koby and Kangol when I had their ears done as puppies. :thumbsup::thumbsup::pup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts