Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate it when judge joe brown has a case on the show that involves a pit. Today, there was a case where a poodle attacked a pit, and the pit owner got blamed for having an agressive dog and was forced to pay the poodle owner's vet bills.

The story goes, the defendant owned an intact male that had his CGC, had competed in obedience and rally events, and was obviously well socialized. He was an AmStaff--not a pit, but JJB kept calling him pit. The poodle owners were walking past the yard, the pit went to go say hello (bad idea in the first place). The poodle attacks the pit bull, and the pit bull snaps at it. Both dogs go to the vet and incure a thousand dollars in bills each for wounds.

The poodle attacked the pit. And the pit owner almost lost her dog and had to pay the poodle owners vet bills.

it makes me mad because this woman obviously loved the breed even though she wasn't careful enough with her dog. It just made me mad to hear JJB rip this woman a new one and telling her that she needed to get her dog trained (even though it already was) and that she owned a vicious animal. Ugh.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
they're not dog experts they need to bring in an expert on cases they play the field with a bias and that technically is illegal and to boot they make their decision off misinformation. i dont watch stuff like that because i think its bull :poop: i hate judge judy with a passion so i dont watch her show and most of the shows. legally they dont get an appeal because of a contract they sign. so their misinformed decision is final.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Was the staffy leashed? If no and the poodle was sounds like a fair trail to me

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
The staff ran up to the poodle ? If so, sounds about right to me. That dog should have been properly contained.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
The staff ran up to the poodle ? If so, sounds about right to me. That dog should have been properly contained.
I agree, it sucks, but why is the dog able to run up to anything. Even if the pup was in his own yard somehow the other dog made it in or he made it out.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Agreed.

Also... Nancy Grace is horrible to watch. Little dog got smacked on the head by a Pit Bull's paw, it knocked his eye out of socket. Yet she insisted that was impossible (my vet says it does happen, especially in the breed that it was), she said the Pit Bull bit the dog's head... yet no marks.... And I've seen her do a lot of cases where they pull up a picture of the Pit Bull, always relaxed and friendly and she says stuff like "That dog looks like it's gonna bite me"

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
Are you talking about the blue pit? The one who ran LOOSE and out the door, across A stretch of real estate and grabbed the little dog? The girl who was rude and obnoxious, who had superficial experience that she tried to pass off as A level of expertise?
Had I been the man at the end of the leashed small dog, and that dog ran up, I'd have strangled the life out of it. Of course strangling it is my after the fact, because the pit owner was A loose cannon. I'd have probably punched her in her big dumb arrogant mouth.
Her dog was loose, it ran to the dog, the leashed dog,the dog with A handler present and on neutral territory.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Anyone who cant keep they dog secure dont deserve a dog. Idiot owners hurt this breed more than anything else. You can't out train genetics, no matter how clever you think you is. WW was right,,,if I were the owner of the leashed dog, I'd a choke the life out that loose cannon. The dog and the owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts