Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I think it is a step in the right direction. Great news if it is happening.
Really? They are jut allowing pictures to decals a dog is a bully. It's not for conformation and the registry will be filled with none confirmed dogs from the get go. I would have no problem if they were treating the breed as every other breed in their organization. So weird they are still singled out. I am glad more are understanding that it is its own breed but allowing any dog that looks the part is bs for me.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is good for the bully world!, I wonder if a lot off people critisized any other breed when it was going through these stages , I wish I was around when the apbt was being created.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Really? They are jut allowing pictures to decals a dog is a bully. It's not for conformation and the registry will be filled with none confirmed dogs from the get go. I would have no problem if they were treating the breed as every other breed in their organization. So weird they are still singled out. I am glad more are understanding that it is its own breed but allowing any dog that looks the part is bs for me.

Are they really only relying on pictures?

I had hoped not.

Do you not think that from here on in it will be under stricter control? If they allow the dogs in that make up the breed now will it not lead to consistency with time? Within this registry that is.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
This is good for the bully world!, I wonder if a lot off people critisized any other breed when it was going through these stages , I wish I was around when the apbt was being created.
I think most other breeds had a very clear set definition of what they were going at when they began the breed. I think that probably made the petitioning easier.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Are they really only relying on pictures?

I had hoped not.

Do you not think that from here on in it will be under stricter control? If they allow the dogs in that make up the breed now will it not lead to consistency with time? Within this registry that is.

Yeah by pictures at this time and only allowing the Classic to be registered.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
If the ukc is going to start with only one category and stick to just one category and start gr ch out dogs that fit the standard only I'll start being more optimistic about the American bully. My biggest problem is the multiple classes, ignoring the past and obvious cross breeding of more than am staffs to apbt, the close minded "you just dnt get it" comments, and finger pointing at everything else...

If the ukc is only back by the "reputable" ppl, breeders, and dogs it'll be a huge step in the direction they claim they want and are.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I always, always say: how did an AmStaff x APBT create bullies. I get the classic and standard class, but some really do look like English bulldogs with "pit bull" heads

I'm not gonna lie, I did like that XL bully in that video I posted the other day. But if I'm gonna have a 100lb + dog I think I'd like to go the bandog route. I'm also not going to deny that I don't think I'm ready for a bandog at all, D is 55lbs and he's a freaking handful, I couldn't imagine a dog weighing more then me.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I always, always say: how did an AmStaff x APBT create bullies. I get the classic and standard class, but some really do look like English bulldogs with "pit bull" heads

I'm not gonna lie, I did like that XL bully in that video I posted the other day. But if I'm gonna have a 100lb + dog I think I'd like to go the bandog route. I'm also not going to deny that I don't think I'm ready for a bandog at all, D is 55lbs and he's a freaking handful, I couldn't imagine a dog weighing more then me.

That dog you posted is just a slop bred mutt. All they wanted was size. I wouldn't trust those dogs mentally. You could very well get a dog like redogs "bob" out of those dogs. You also have to look since those are sized based dogs if he actually throws his size. Really steep price for an unproven mixed breed size bred dog. I only know of 1 breeder who has a size and health guarantee for their big dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
If the ukc is going to start with only one category and stick to just one category and start gr ch out dogs that fit the standard only I'll start being more optimistic about the American bully. My biggest problem is the multiple classes, ignoring the past and obvious cross breeding of more than am staffs to apbt, the close minded "you just dnt get it" comments, and finger pointing at everything else...

If the ukc is only back by the "reputable" ppl, breeders, and dogs it'll be a huge step in the direction they claim they want and are.
Things what I'm hoping they're doing

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
That dog you posted is just a slop bred mutt. All they wanted was size. I wouldn't trust those dogs mentally. You could very well get a dog like redogs "bob" out of those dogs. You also have to look since those are sized based dogs if he actually throws his size. Really steep price for an unproven mixed breed size bred dog. I only know of 1 breeder who has a size and health guarantee for their big dogs.
Yeah my sister paid a lot for hers. Apparently the sire & dam were huge with big heads, no papers no nothing. Her dog didn't come out that way at all.

I wonder what other kinds of dogs were thrown in there to get that size. That's what I am saying, how does an AmStaff & APBT create FIVE different classes? I'm not knocking them at all, I'm just really curious

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I *think* that dog is a cane corso mastiff blend of sorts.

As to the rest "the proof is in the pudding" as they say... with the "exotics"(to my understanding they aren't recognized as a class) its obvious ebs, pugs, bostons, and such were bred in the "xxxxxxl" dogs are obviously mastiff influenced.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts