Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which do you prefer?
I'm partial to the ADBA dog, personally. Simply because it is closer to the way APBTs originally were.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I like both now, I wasnt a big fan of the ADBA style of dog until I attended some shows and got to experience those dogs hands on. I can appreciate them NOW. My prefrence of the 2 is still UKC though , I like the thicker builds but then again Im a bully lover.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
In my opinion, the best dogs meet both ADBA & UKC standards. Just my preference.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Well the standards are pretty much the same. Judges are putting up different dogs, but thats not due to a fault in standard. As Patch said good dog should be able to title in both. The ADBA happens to have more dogs that meet the standard.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Both standards are similar but the way they are interpreted are differnt. I like the ADBA look better. Seems to stay more true to the bulldog of the past. Now I will say that a lot of ADBA dogs could use some good bone thickness that you find in a UKC dog.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
Yes, while the standards are similar. UKC dogs tend to be thicker than ADBA dogs (At least in my experience.) I probably should've rephrased my post, I'll go edit that...

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I think i just like the way people present their ADBA dogs they work em and keep them in good shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts