Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please point me to right direction, I have been googling lol information on the scoring system but I cannot find the break down. I want to know how many points does the dog earn per event and what does it take to earn each title.

thanks in advance:)

·
Banned
307 Posts
Just to get you started. The first title is the U-WP. Your dog needs to pull 8 times it's body weight on wheels or 10 times it's weight on rails. It has to do this at 3 seperate pulls, and then you earn the UWP. The next title is the UWP Championship, the dog has to earn 100 points for that. The percentage pulled determines the points(depending on the surface) at each event, rather than class placement.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So let me get this straight. For Bernie to get the title of United Weight Pull Champion he has to get the United Weight Puller title first which is getting three legs in three events and he has to pull at least 8 times his body weight. THen after he gets the WP title he has to do this how many times to get the UWCHP? it says that the dog has to earn 100 points in the regular class WP to get this UWCHP how do I know the equivalence of points in order to get these 100 points?

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to get you started. The first title is the U-WP. Your dog needs to pull 8 times it's body weight on wheels or 10 times it's weight on rails. It has to do this at 3 seperate pulls, and then you earn the UWP. The next title is the UWP Championship, the dog has to earn 100 points for that. The percentage pulled determines the points(depending on the surface) at each event, rather than class placement.
I just came back to the computer and did not refresh the posting, thank you for clarifying the subject. Let's say that Bernie will 75 pounds conditioned when we do the pulls how many pulls and what weight will he have to do to get the 1oo points?:woof: thank you Beth!

·
Banned
307 Posts
Well, after he earns the UWP, then you start working for the WPCH. For instance, you would go to a pull and pull 35 times(2625#s) his bodyweight on wheels and that would earn him twenty points, then do that at 5 events and he would have his 100 points.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, after he earns the UWP, then you start working for the WPCH. For instance, you would go to a pull and pull 35 times(2625#s) his bodyweight on wheels and that would earn him twenty points, then do that at 5 events and he would have his 100 points.
got it, wow so it is best to keep them light as possible that way they don't pull such heavy loads. I'll have to see how he develops I am def going to get some routine xrays before I even start pondering the thought. I just ordered him a stillwater working/pull harness so in about couple of months I'll start doing some light dragging. I have a stillwater walking harness which lets him pull and he's been using it since he was 5 months old so he is very good at pulling, he ducks his hand down and digs down on the floor. Obviously we do these serious of pulls during our walks and he is not dragging any weight, I just make my self heavy and let him pull me. I think he'll do well but his structure is not the best so I have to see how he turns out. I would love to earn his weight pull title and get his TTcert at least. Obedience would be key but with the job and the wedding I dont have time to focus my attention to take him to classes. thank you again for the info:roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts