Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally hooked up with Athena's breeder to get her papers. That being said, I knew she had been having a hard time getting rid of the remaining pups (yes, BYB). She was finally able to find them homes and was showing me some pics. Come to find out, one of Athena's sister's has ALREADY had a litter!!! :mad::( Athena's birthday is 27 May. The pics of the pups she showed me were already a few weeks old. That means her sister had the pups well before a year old!!! Wasn't completely surprised considering the area we are in but couldn't believe it! And there's no doubt in my mind it was planned. Luckily, even though the person we got Athena from is a BYB, she had Athena's mother spayed after the litter Athena came out of.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Nice that the BYB had sense enough to spay her bitch but obviously had no sense or care to have a spay/neuter contract when homing her pups! Poor puppy already had a litter and got prego on her first heat cycle.....people are just so ignorant and stupid! I have a friend who lived in the country in NC and she told me stories of how alot of people just let there animals run around and breed. She'd be driving down the long road to her house and she would see two dogs stuck together off the side of the road. That would make me sick! You don't see that stuff here in the city but I know people in the country have a whole other way of thinking than city folk when it comes to pet care.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey I'm a good ol country boy and I take real good care of my dog/pets. In fact my gf is a city girl and has very little animal husbandry skills. Not all of us country folk are the way you describe. Thats like saying all pitbulls are viscious. Just saying.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hey I'm a good ol country boy and I take real good care of my dog/pets.* In fact my gf is a city girl and has very little animal husbandry skills.* Not all of us country folk are the way you describe.* Thats like saying all pitbulls are viscious.* Just saying.
I didn't say ALL country folk....We have country folk here in New England to...it's called N.H., ME, and VT. I am not knocking all coutry folk by no means because I have alot of family/friends that live in the country. However, we get a huge amount of puppies shipped here from down south and midwestern states due to over population problems in shelters in some of the more rural country areas. Just saying....

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Sad, but true that GA has a pet overpopulation problem... and I know we ship to other states. It really burns me up. I was actually on the phone earlier with an ex-neighbor that was talking about breeding her dog. The pup is barely 3 months old!! :mad: She doesn't even know how she's going to be as an adult, and she is NOT a purebred. Pit Mix... stupidity knows no bounds.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It didnt offend me, I was just giving you a hard time I guess because your avatar says educate don't discriminate. I was educating. No hard feelings.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Sad, but true that GA has a pet overpopulation problem... and I know we ship to other states. It really burns me up. I was actually on the phone earlier with an ex-neighbor that was talking about breeding her dog. The pup is barely 3 months old!! :mad: She doesn't even know how she's going to be as an adult, and she is NOT a purebred. Pit Mix... stupidity knows no bounds.
That is a shame.....I am not saying that here is perfect and there isn't overpopulation problems because BYBs are all across the states. But in the city you have leash laws where as in most country or rural areas you can just let your dogs go and run. Unfortunately neuter and spay isn't all to common in those areas.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
It didnt offend me, I was just giving you a hard time I guess because your avatar says educate don't discriminate. I was educating. No hard feelings.
We cool blue ;)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
That is a shame.....I am not saying that here is perfect and there isn't overpopulation problems because BYBs are all across the states. But in the city you have leash laws where as in most country or rural areas you can just let your dogs go and run. Unfortunately neuter and spay isn't all to common in those areas.
True...you would not believe the looks I got from random people (And even friends!) when I said that we were not going to breed Keira. Apparently everyone and their brother thought that we just got Keira to produce little white pups to give away. :hammer:
I actually had one guy offer me $900 for her in Petsmart, because he "has this really big, thick blue with a huge head that would make great pups off of her."
Yeah... I told him she was already fixed. And I always keep my dogs on leashes, because I don't trust my neighbors enough not to steal them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts