Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum so excuse my ignorance, I'm looking to adopt a Pitbull. However I'm not sure of her bloodline and I was wondering if anyone could help.me gauge if she is an amstaff, apbt or cross.

I know it's hard to gauge by looks alone but I hope someone can at least tell me if she isn't crossed with let's say a boxer or bulldog.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
Love the pictures Kalil! It is a shame that those ears won't stay like that. I had one that had the same bat ears but as her head grew the ears stayed the same and she had the normal prick ears. Good looking dog but as mentioned above, it would be pure speculation for anyone to tell you what mix the dog may be. Just love it whatever it may be.

Joe

·
Banned
8 Posts
Looks more like an American Bully to me. I say that because she carries the tan point “tri gene”. She is a chocolate tri bully. Bullies are APBTx Amstaff. Bred for show and appearance rather than performance, hence her heavier bone structure and short muzzle. I’ve been breeding American bullies for the last 8 years and a lot of my puppies carried the tri gene which dates back to the old Staffordshire Terrier in the UK. The partially pricked ears give her a false mixed appearance, IMO. Which is very common with pit bulls and bullies. If she was a boxer cross she wouldn’t have such a thick front end. I believe she is a purebred American Bully, even though if she had papers they would say APBT if she was UKC registered or American Bully If she was registered ABKC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts