Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I posted a couple of weeks ago that the vet said 45 would get better well she lied he isnt any better in fact he got worse. Before he could walk some and stand to go to the bathroom now he cant do any of that. Once in awhile he walks to get water but he hasnt done that now for atleast 3days. My son is doing all the carrying because it puts my middle back out I feel bad for my son as that is a lot of work. I hate to but I think it is time to put him down. He is happy when we all come home, he wants nothing more than to just be with us. But I can't make him live like this. It is killing. I love him so much and he is so clean he barks when he needs to go outside.

45 I am so sorry I couldnt help you.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Awww thats terrible..same thing happened to me last yr w/ Taya, I dont understand, its not fair...But I let her go out with her Dignity before she suffered to Much. Thats what we can do for them.... I feel for you.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh Sharon, :( I am so sorry to hear this news, I was so pullin for 45. You did a wonderful thing by giving him the best forever home he could have asked for. ((SUPER MEGA HUGS)

RIP 45, play hard at the bridge with my Pooh Bear, she will be great company ;)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure what your name is Pitbull Palace. But a little background. 45 is a rescue I found by the side of he road at christmas time. I thought he had been hit by a car. I took him to his house I knew where he lived and the owner said he was going to shoot him. So I brought him home. He did not have a great life with me. He was loved but that was it. I couldnt make him better. I tried but I failed. I am so sorry 45.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Don't take it too hard.. Do what you can do, when you can do it.. thats what you did; that's better than trying ;) .. Trying is prepairing to fail.. Do or do not there is no try. ..

You did all you can do, all anyone who doesnt have thousands of expendable dollars could do, and let me tell you LOVE is a better treatment than any medical procedure; your an awesome person and done well by him. Im sorry for your situation in losing a friend, its good you understand what needs to be done; I feel for you and your son my <3 goes out to ya'll be strong and yeah do well by him.. If your home is lonely afterward, then go and find you a .38. :D I love the caliber names for dogs. ONE LOVE .. :hug:

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
That sucks he didn't get better, sorry to hear this. Maybe you couldn't save him, but you tried and that's what counts! Good job on you!

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Damn. Sorry Sharon, sorry .45, you are, and will always be, apart of my daily thoughts:( Freedom from your earthly struggles will be your reward, you beautiful pup. Be happy, my friend.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
So Sorry, atleast he got to feel Love, and he knows what u did for him ;(

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I am not sure what your name is Pitbull Palace. But a little background. 45 is a rescue I found by the side of he road at christmas time. I thought he had been hit by a car. I took him to his house I knew where he lived and the owner said he was going to shoot him. So I brought him home. He did not have a great life with me. He was loved but that was it. I couldnt make him better. I tried but I failed. I am so sorry 45.
Sharon, how can you say you failed when you showed this dog such compassion. Not many people would have done what you did. You gave 45 better chance at life then he had when you found him. I'm sorry he's not recovering and you have to make that hard decision. My thoughts are with you, your family and 45.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
Sharon, how can you say you failed when you showed this dog such compassion. Not many people would have done what you did. You gave 45 better chance at life then he had when you found him. I'm sorry he's not recovering and you have to make that hard decision. My thoughts are with you, your family and 45.
I agree here, how could you even think that. You gave him as much comfort and care as humanly possible, in his last moments he will be with the people that have loved him more then the people who had him before.
That is not failure that is angelic. He was able to feel love at a time he needed it most, that is a gift.
Sorry that you and your son have to go through this, know in your heart you did what was best for him, you will have not just given him a home, but a comfortable peace and in the end he was a dog with a family .....

·
Registered
411 Posts
You didn't "fail" and you have to forgive yourself for not being omnipotent. Even if you couldn't get him healed you gave him the love and affection he deserved and even if he hasn't had a "good" life he's going out with kindness and compassion. You've done all that's humanly possible and if he could speak I'm sure he'd tell you himself how grateful he is for all that you and your son have done to make him feel wanted and valued. You've given his body every opportunity to heal instead of give up and it's just not happening for him.

That his life didn't end unremarked and un-missed in the driveway of an uncaring owner is the best gift you've been able to give him and it really is enough. He's been treated with tenderness and encouraged and his life and loss of it will be remembered. What more could anyone ask for?

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
awww you didn't fail him, [please don't think that! Sometimes their spirit goes before their body and you loved him and did the best you could for him. Maybe his prior owner abused him and he thought that was love and when it stopped, he was so confused in the head he gave up hope and didn't know real love. It wasn't you, you did a great thing. Don;t beat yourself up about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts