Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soooo!!!!! my first post was all about how insecure i was about chyna playing with kenya.
UPDATE: chyna plays WONDERFUL with kenya, i think i just needed to get used to the rough-and-toughness of the play.

NOW HOWEVER!!!! i am a little worried about KENYA!

ok so this is how it goes down. they play nicely at first and then kenya REALLY gets into it. i have been keeping an eye on their facial expressions and noticed somethine. CHYNA has a toatlly "u cant get me face ha ha" but kenya has a scary face. idk what the deal is. kenya does not growl and it does not seem agressive but her face really does get me thinking. and today they were playing but chyna was gettin pretty tired, and lettin kenya be crazy, and i noticed BLOOD ON KENYAS LEG! so me and my hubby quickly pulled them apart and realized the blood was from chynas face. she had 3 bloody bite marks (really small) but still placed a concern. i split them up, put some ointment on chyna and sent them to bed (lol sounds funny)

should i be worried???? and is there a way to teach kenya to "play nicely" but still have fun?

chyna doesnt seem to mind, i just dont want kenya thinking she can play like that with every dog and then before u know it, she bites a poodle and im screwed.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
When she bites Chyna, does she shake her head while doing it? Or is it more of a bite and go type thing? Since she has puppy teeth, they tend to be sharper, and might have just caused Chyna's skin to break. You may have to start intervening when she gets too aggressive by correcting her so that she gets the idea since now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yea, you gotta supervise play and slow them down if they get too intense. then they see that you also control playtime as well as everything else in life. Sometimes making them stop for a minute, then letting them go back to playing helps. your gonna have to repeat the process alot and try to walk them good before playtime, so that it is easier to have them play calmly. you shouldn't pull them apart. rather, stop them in their tracks and have them relax in that same spot. Once they relax you can create some space between them and make them wait a while before they return to play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts