Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know my pit and my social worker have become enemies if not check out my pit V.S. my social worker and me inbetween. well judy's advise has proved helpful. (put one of his fave toys in the kennel for distraction) i threw in a seasoned cow bone and for the most part he was too buisy chewing and i also put a blanket over the kennel. there are still breaks inbetween when all he did was bark and act frustrated. but then he would stop and atart chewing again. hopefully if i keep at it, the problem will get better. but is it safe if he actually eats the bone? it is a real cow bone and they are quite large.

·
Registered
822 Posts
hell no they wont go said:
as some of you know my pit and my social worker have become enemies if not check out my pit V.S. my social worker and me inbetween. well judy's advise has proved helpful. (put one of his fave toys in the kennel for distraction) i threw in a seasoned cow bone and for the most part he was too buisy chewing and i also put a blanket over the kennel. there are still breaks inbetween when all he did was bark and act frustrated. but then he would stop and atart chewing again. hopefully if i keep at it, the problem will get better. but is it safe if he actually eats the bone? it is a real cow bone and they are quite large.
I must have missed the post about that. I'm glad the bone is helping.

A raw bone that isn't gulped and swallowed in large chunks should be fine just make sure to monitor the dog while he has it

You can also stuff a Kong toy to keep him busy

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
:clap: Glad to hear this solution is working. I give my guys the big knuckle bones all the time they love them and it keeps them busy for days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts