Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :) im back,and while I was gone Bailey FINALLY has stopped pulling on the leash for good(after chewing a new harness within minutes of getting it and costing me $30)lol. And my pom still thinks shes queen of the house and growls at Bailey,so I crate and rotate.(For those who dont know,Bailey became an outside dog when I got sasha my pom,well now shes an inside dog again for good).

I am helping a local shelter and have fostered 1 dog so far,Id love to foster again in the future but only if they are outside in a kennel because it caused stress on my 2.

AND now for some advise maybe? How much would you say you need,at LEAST for adding one dog,vet,food etc,I think at least $500 not including vet bills,am I right ?

Not me lol im trying to convince a woman that she should spay/neuter her "stray" mixes,and find homes for the current litter,:( and I have came to the conclusion that she wont,but maybe when she sees the price for all these pups she will do the right thing

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
I would say 500 is alright. You have to remember vaccinations, which cost me 80$ total when I first got Cain. Then the increase of food. I went from buying a 10lb bag of food to a 30 lb bag to make it last longer. Add in flea tick worm meds. Grooming expenses, leashes collars toys beds. If the dog would be outside you would need the necessary things to keep it contained in your yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I know what ya mean on food,bailey went from a 10 pound bag to a 40 pound bag which is lasts almost 2 months. IF she would do it through the shelter shots would be $25 and spay/neuter free!

And I was thinking it'd be more if you included an outdoor kennel for outside time,or fencing. Oops,edit,I just realized you mentioned this lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts