Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received a voice mail from kiro7 and they want to interview me about the pit bull ban in off leash areas.
I want to be able to say that while I agree with this I don't agree with how theyrr going about it. How should I go about wording this so it won't come back to bite pit bull owners in the butt ?

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
It's not just pitbulls. It should be an all dog leash law. Is this for a dog park or something ?

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
personally i dont think leash less dog parks should exist due to the fact that you dont know every ones dog and often times people dont even know the true temperment of their dog. if it was me i'd just say something along those lines

mach0 they're trying to get a no pit bull in any park law passed. i dont think it'll pass

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I would just tell them that no dog belongs off leash in public. The pit bulls are not the problem, the problem is the ignorant owners are letting poorly trained dogs, of all breeds, run around causing trouble. All dogs belong on leashes in public IMO.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I would just tell them that no dog belongs off leash in public. The pit bulls are not the problem, the problem is the ignorant owners are letting poorly trained dogs, of all breeds, run around causing trouble. All dogs belong on leashes in public IMO.
what she said....

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
personally i dont think leash less dog parks should exist due to the fact that you dont know every ones dog and often times people dont even know the true temperment of their dog. if it was me i'd just say something along those lines

mach0 they're trying to get a no pit bull in any park law passed. i dont think it'll pass
I've come across more DA unstable dogs of other breeds than apbt's, or any of the "pit" breeds ( if there is a thing lol.)

I don't like dog parks and I feel that In regular parks, all dogs should be on a leash. Anyone that doesnt participate, should recieve a citation. Pretty simple.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Totally agree Freddie. Although I do break this rule sometimes, well kinda. I go to our park way early in the morning and I do a walk around to make sure no one is there. If were by ourselves I'll unhook D for dock diving practice, but he never leaves the dock area with out a leash on. We have been doing a bit of obedience off leash at the park with Celeste and Dakota but we are in the baseball diamond and it is fenced in.
LOL do as I say not as I do ;)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Bingo. I used to walk my old dogs off the leash ( no leash law enforced at the time) and they were DA like hell. But I had them under full control. Am I for doing this? No. What I am saying is that irresponsible owners set the dogs up for failure. In today's media hype, the current bsl issues, it's better to just skip it all together and just leave the dog on a leash. This applies to all breeds. It's not the pit bull. It's the lack of education on the breed and the ignorance of irresponsible owners who may not know how to properly manage one.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am against offleash areas in general too.
However this is not just offleash this is all parks in Seattle off leash or not. They're just saying it's only off leash.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am totally quoting this.:clap::clap:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I am against offleash areas in general too.
However this is not just offleash this is all parks in Seattle off leash or not. They're just saying it's only off leash.
you just gotta make sure every one knows that the law wants to ban the dogs from all parks, i'd make that clear in your interview thing. that way none of the listeners are misinformed.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would just state that no dogs should be off leash and this should not be a breed specific issue this should apply for all dogs.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I think if your going to speak publicly about these dog's you should have a great deal of understanding about the breed and acceptance and knowledge in all areas. Not to offend you but there are many people who speak to the public about the breed that should not. I think your intentions are good but do you really think your in a position to speak about this breed to the General Public? If so than why? what makes you qualified to do so? Not giving you a hard time just asking you questions you might want to ask yourself before you say anything. This is a big deal and anything you say can have a great impact on how other's view this breed therefore I think you need to look at this deeper before going forward.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey I never asked to be picked they just called me. I have no idea how they even got my number.
I shot them an e-mail once,about how I was disapointed with the way they reported a pit bull event,but that was a while ago,and I sure as heck did not give them my number.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I think if your going to speak publicly about these dog's you should have a great deal of understanding about the breed and acceptance and knowledge in all areas. Not to offend you but there are many people who speak to the public about the breed that should not. I think your intentions are good but do you really think your in a position to speak about this breed to the General Public? If so than why? what makes you qualified to do so? Not giving you a hard time just asking you questions you might want to ask yourself before you say anything. This is a big deal and anything you say can have a great impact on how other's view this breed therefore I think you need to look at this deeper before going forward.
:goodpost: not that u are not capable...just make sure you cross your t's and dot ur i's cuz these people are waiting for one little slip up from one of us.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
:goodpost: not that u are not capable...just make sure you cross your t's and dot ur i's cuz these people are waiting for one little slip up from one of us.
not only that but they can and most likely will try to pick apart every single word you say.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^

See this was what I was saying to my mom. That's why I came on here to get opinions. I'm not even sure I want to call the guy back.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Hey I never asked to be picked they just called me. I have no idea how they even got my number.
I shot them an e-mail once,about how I was disapointed with the way they reported a pit bull event,but that was a while ago,and I sure as heck did not give them my number.
I am not giving you a hard time for wanting to help because I believe you really do want to help the breed. I am just trying to get you to see how big of a deal this really is. If you need help from others to give a speech about a topic you haven't really researched and your not sure about imagine what message you will send to the public. You see what I am saying? Sometimes it's better to not say anything if your not sure or you haven't done a good amount of research about a particular subject. There are people who are good advocates and have tons of experience dealing with this breed in the public eye and I think it's best to let those individuals speak about issues like this. Again your call but I don't think your ready for something like this and anything you say can have a great impact on many people and their dogs. So I would advise against saying anything but good luck to you should you go forward with this.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts