Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Fish Flex would probably be a better option. My cat has a UTI, but cat dosage is harder to determine then dogs for Fish Flex and they gave her antibiotics.
PK Lisa would probably know better though.

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Also, figuring out WHY the UTI occurred might be a big deal too. Doc said Isis may have a stone. Those don't fix themselves. :(

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish Flex would probably be a better option. My cat has a UTI, but cat dosage is harder to determine then dogs for Fish Flex and they gave her antibiotics.
PK Lisa would probably know better though.
Also, figuring out WHY the UTI occurred might be a big deal too. Doc said Isis may have a stone. Those don't fix themselves. :(
I know UTI's happen in dogs for many reasons - not sure the culprit. Incontinence has been his main problem, it's inconsistent & typically able to tell us if he has to go but he peed on himself while sitting upstairs with my DH. Though he isn't in pain & he is in overall outstanding health.

I know there are homeopathic remedies which is the preferable route anyway but also being our current $ situation is a bit strenuous since we're paying mortgage, rent, my hospital bills & preparing for a child, etc.

So if anyone has a decent suggestion feel free.

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
If nothing else works, you can get Fish Flex online for like $15 to $30. And should clear it up pretty quickly.
Hopefully someone chimes in with the holistic remedy. I didn't get offered any because cats and cranberries don't mix.
I hope your pup feels better.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If nothing else works, you can get Fish Flex online for like $15 to $30. And should clear it up pretty quickly.
Hopefully someone chimes in with the holistic remedy. I didn't get offered any because cats and cranberries don't mix.
I hope your pup feels better.
Thanks bud! He's doing pretty good aside from the pee issue, it doesn't stink etc... Just the incontinence - at first I thought maybe he wasn't reacting well to my pregnancy. I read on a 'mommy forum' how dogs can 'lash out' when they sense a pregnancy but at the same time I want to make sure. So I figure try some all natural preventative measures.

It's been going on inconsistently for about a week but I also want to be proactive as much as I can to avoid kidney infection. Certainly gonna keep an eye on it & if nothing improves in the next week at most I'll take him in. Just not the best time to happen $ wise & vets where we live currently are NOT cheap but they are pretty awesome.

And likewise with your cat, hope it feels better. I just lost my kitty back in December to Lupus but the vet was super, had her cremated for me & gave me a lock of her fur along with some beautiful condolences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts