Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evryone this my first Post!
I recently got a 5-6 month old Kingfish Rednose from a friend who because the pit did not have the particular gangsta look ( Yeah i know pissed me off too) didnt want the dog and was going to just take it to the pound. My 3 yr old loves dogs and fell in love with the dog and i liked the temperment of the dog and the guy who brought it from Cincinnatti seemed to have trained it pretty well. I am not new to Pitbulls since i raised one when I was in my teens and often get into arguments with people that consider them Killers ( even just had to stop seeing a girl over this very discussion). Well i dont have any papers on the dog so am unsure of what vaccinations it currently needs and what was already administered. Is there any way i can get this info or what harm can be done by just giving the puppy whatever vaccines it may be missing? Thanks in advanced for responses.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
I believe most puppy shots should be finished by this point. Did the person you got the dog from not know? Or do you know their vet or could find out? The vet should have records. I got a little booklet for Cain and my bet wrote what was administered and when in it for me to keep. Did your pup come with it's rabies tag?

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see pictures of your puppy:) hope you enjoy it here. Lots of good information.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ask your friend, you want to avoid overvaccinating if at all possible. If he doesn't have records but got shots ask him to have his vet send the records to your vet.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I usually do not like over vaccinating but I would rather be on the safe side and vaccinate. The pup wouldn't need a whole bunch of shots like a younger pup would.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response No the pup did not come with any papers he told me that the pup only needed one more set of shots on January but cant remeber what those were i found him on FB yesterday and am waiting to hear back from him. I am in the process of trying to upload pics now and will update

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am more than sure these are some BYB and they were probably giving the Vaccines themselves. I have been trying to upload pics but I keep getting a error i added a pic to my profile but its not showing up either.I will try when I am home and not at work.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Being as he is 6 months old he should be done with the puppy shots, but you could give him 1 last round if you really think Parvo is an issue. Usually a healthy 6 month old will not get parvo. Rabies will be due around this age though and is needed. I would fine out if the dog is current on rabies and if so I really would not worry about puppy shots.

It could be very likely the shots where done by without a vet as it is WAY cheaper and as long as you can give the shot there is not need to use the vet. However this only goes for the puppy shots. Rabies has to be done by a licensed vet.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I agree with the above :) there is nothing wrong with giving vaccinations yourself! That is what I do as we'll...except the rabies, because like Americanpit13 said only vets give those!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I will have to probably just re-vaccinate myself because the guy is not responding to messages.Thanks guys I dont know why but the pic of my pup doesnt show under my name but if you view my profile you can see it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I heard from the Guy last night and it turns out this uy had only given the dog its first set of shots SMH. can anyone point me to a repetable onlie place to buy the vaccines and a schedule so i can get my pup up to date

1 - 11 of 11 Posts