Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sadden to notice the bad reputation pitbulls are known by due to irresponsible dog owners. As a first time owner I have learned so much with Precious being in my life..Unfortunately, at this present time she has seizures & my decision to put her down has gotten me a lot of negative responses. Seeing precious having a seizure is heartbreaking but, I have chosen to ride with her until the wheels fall off. My heart goes out to pet owners who experience what I'm going through.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Ok I will be the first to respond, you DO NOT have to put her down, I went thru 2 1/2 years of my Penny (RIP) the chocolate dog in my avatar and her epilepsy, it can be controlled with meds, just depends if you are willing to do that or not. She can lead a very active full life on her meds, she may still have seizures but they won't be nearly as often or severe. Please check out this link www.caninepilpsy.com It is a wonderful site with tons of great people who will help in any way they can. I have made soem AWESOME friends from there and they won't knock you for owning a APBT, now the reason I had to put Penny to sleep had nothing to do with her seizures. It is VERY difficult to watch, trust me I know, if you dig thru the Health section of the forum and type in Penny you will see all my posts about this. The ppl here went thru it all with me. She was a certified therapy dog as well as having her CGC and TT. Don't give up on her, I know first hand hohw heartbreakin it can be to see this. If you have ANY questions please do not hesitate to contact me
HUGSSSSSSS

btw. welcome to GP :D

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
my wifeys moms dog has seizures alot doesnt mean the dog cant live a happy life.The dogs that have epilepsy it's best to figure out what causes the seizures (ex.Anxiety Stress Fear) when you find out the causes try to do everything to keep away from those triggers.My wifey's mom's dog is now on antiseizure medication along with anti depressants and allergy pills and he is now living a very happy seizure free life.So there is no need to put the dog down they have ways to prevent it.

Reactions: apbtmom76

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My heart really goes out to you. I have also been in that spot and it is so so hard to watch them go through this. (hugs) as Tye said above it can be manageable so don't give up on her, there are treatments that she can greatly benefit from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts