Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Vendetta is prejudice. Vendetta has always been leery of men especially men that smoke. Last night I was early for Rally class I was standing on the side lines when this young Native American boy came over Vendetta was literally trying to jump on him her tail was going around like crazy. This was strange behavior for her usually she is very reserved. She acted this way last summer in Walker when she saw a Native American walking down the street.

She was born on the rez. I had thought she didnot care for men because possibly the guy was abusive but maybe she just thinks they are better and kinder. I don't know. I have been working with her forever it seems to get her to accept men. She likes two guys Jon who we did flyball with and Mike who was in puppy class. Other than that she could careless if a guy is around.

She has never growled a guy or tried to bite or anything she will even lay down next to them she doesn't want them touching her. She will take treats from them but DONT touch me.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahah Miss V has a thing for the red skin, love it, let her be prejudice if she wants, she is a good girl and will always mind you :D lol @ Vendetta :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
My uncle has a dog that he is sooo embarassed about because it is so well behaved except around black men he freaks out. They rescued him from a shelter but they know he came from inner city. At least she isn't aggressive towards anybody like my uncles yipper :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yes Vendetta is very well behaved I just wonder why she islike this. WillI ever get to accept all men. I have one guy in rally class that just wants to love her and "no he can not touch me" Vendetta says.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol Vedetta doesn't have to like men, some of us girls don't, lol. I lubs her anywayz :D

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Kane likes men, if they pet him right.

LOL. :rofl: But really, he'll go up to men and ask to be petted, but they have to offer their hand under his chin or to the side, not over his head or body. :D

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
haha love that she takes the treats, she's no dummy!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I think it is funny too that she wi take the treats very gently mind you if they hold on to it she will step back and look at them. I just wonder what is going on in her head. It is not like they eat different types of food or dress different or even smell different. I would have to say that 90% of the Natives around here use Tide laundry soap and bounce fabic sheets. ( tide jugs show up better at night when netting).

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Years ago I had a rescue that had a seriously hate going on for men. She tolerated my hubbie but anyone else nope.. and she was extremely aggressive toward men, to the point where she WOULD bite a man. The thing was, she LOVED woman and kids. Had the BIGGEST heart ever when it came to kids. I rescued her from a situation where she had been fought, beat, and starved. Once she became comfortable at our house, she had a forever home. She was my "guard" dog simply because she would let any woman or kid come up, but wouldn't allow men anywhere near the place... A man in overalls? wow, she would quite frankly freak out, aggressively. She lived her until she was 10 years old, and passed peacefully under her favorite shade tree.

It sounds like since she came off the res that she might associate native americans with "home" so to speak. Some dogs just are not comfortable with certain people or sexes.. If she is just hestitant, and not aggressive could just be she associates warmth/comfort/love with you since you are mom!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could be right. I don't give off any bad vines either. I stay calm and collected at al times when I have Vendetta around people or other dogs. If I am calm maybe that is what is keeping her relaxed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.