Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hardly ever share people food with Vendetta she gets her egg everday and if I have meat drippings she gets that. So when we were doing tracking this past fall everyone was telling I needed to use really good treats like hot dogs or cheese well Vendetta doesnt care for that stuff.

Guess what she goes nuts for.....Cheez-it crackers, and cheetoes. My girl doesnt like real cheese she like imitation cheese. How strange is that? Her other favorite food pizza. I finaly got her to eat a hamburger but she looks at you like you are trying to kill her. LOL

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
thats funny... sometimes i think Tyson is a garbage disposal.... we dont really feed any of the others human food but we do Tyson and he will eat anything he can get close to... my daughter can sit and feed him gummies..lol

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had her turn up her nose at pork, roast beef, toast, chicken, all veggies, cookies. Give her her dog food and then only aspen or native too she turns up her nose at lots of dog treats too.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
lol... ive never seen one that picky butlike i said before tyson is the only one who eats human food cause my husband would kill me if i got the others fat...lol

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sisters little lab cross she eats anything and everything. I have never seen anythng like that before.

I had fed both Mikado and Chalice raw and I had wanted to do that with Vendetta but I couldnt get her to eat anything i bought. She was D ick Van Pattons organic food and after 6mos she quit eating that too. I have trouble keeping weight on her.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
wow... thats one picky dog lol :)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
That's funny, she's no chow hound, eats like a lady. :roll:

Chewee will eat anything, loves paper towel and napkins... ugh

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not my girl and then when people hand her treats she like juts her teeth out so her lips dont touch the food if you hold the treat and wont release it she backs away and will sit down and think about it if you offer it agaiin she wont take it. She is a crazy girl.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahahah V doesn't like ppl food, but loves imitation cheese, perfect, now my dogs will eat, well Phoenix is kinda picky, but will eat just about anything, now Orion on the other hand, OMG if the world ended tomorrow he would survive, he couldn't reproduce but he would totally survive, he doesn't like olives or limes but anything else, we call him the fruit bat, he LOVES fruit :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be nice if she did like other foods. I really wanted to do the raw diet with her especially since I want to get into weight pull and I have trouble keeping weight on her. I thought it would be better but unless I buy imitation cheese to sprinkle over all of her food I doubt I get her to eat the good stuff.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jake doesn't like hard biscuits. When we go in Petco they offer hard treats to him at the register and he takes them (like he doesn't want to offend) but promptly drops them on the floor.

Rufus used to go bonkers for clementine oranges and I know dogs aren't supposed to like citrus so it always cracked me up. I miss that so whenever I'm peeling one I offer Jake and Maggie a section. They take the section, (again probably not to offend!) and carry it off very carefully to drop on the rug and paw at. It entertains me cause they're so careful not to break the skin and get any of the juice in their mouths.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
HAHA Gimbler thats what Mel does too. He is super super picky but takes them and prmopty spits them out, lol.

JAX are Garagmel's weakness. Also my cats. and Doritoes. When they hear a chip bad they are right at me.

I ahve to make his biscuits for him, spoiled pup. Thats all he eats for treats is cheese or homemade biscuits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts