Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's the deal I live in Saline County with my BF for about 4 1/2 yrs now but I use my mother's Address in Little Rock For Everything Just in case we ever split up anyway they just passed this Dangerous Breed Law there where you have to spay/neuter, Microchip, pay $150.00 a year PER DOG YES per dog to register them and the stupid $10 a year for the city licences. Anyway this is the kicker you can only have 2 I called yesterday and asked them what they would do because I already have more then 2 and I have had them for years and they told me to put the rest of them to sleep or give them away there are no exceptions can you freaking believe that crap I am about to freaking wig out for real on these idiots. So know I have to go change the address on all my dogs papers and crap because my mom already has Jasper at her house then I have my 2 so I guess my Just in case Alternative is out the window........................ And my mom is barely making it on her own now she has to pay to have him neutered and all the other registration fees by the 20th of next month and they don't do the discount clinic here for APBT's Anymore WTF..................

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have to reg them at all I do actually live outside the city limets but like I said before I was reg them with my moms address as a just in case me and the BF ever split up......... sucks I'm not gonna do it I just wanted to vent about the BS

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Well that just sucks. I don't even know what to say. bsl is just ruining everything.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
WHAT A BUNCH OF BS. I think it so stupid we pay these elected official to take away our freedoms WHY?????????:poke: :stick: :curse:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know I just don't see how they can tell you to choose your 2 fav dogs and either put the rest to sleep or give them away that's just not right how can they tell someone to do that.............. They have taken away everyway to fight it......... I don't know where to begin to fight it but it's wrong and I want to do something but don't know where to start I understand the spay/neuter even the micro chipping but I can't get over the fact that they can tell you to choose between them............... There has got to be some way to change atleast that part of the law I just can't figure it out....................:( :snap:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
sw_df27 said:
Anyway this is the kicker you can only have 2 I called yesterday and asked them what they would do because I already have more then 2 and I have had them for years and they told me to put the rest of them to sleep or give them away there are no exceptions..................
I have a question, is that 2 per household? Or 2 per person? Maybe you can get away with checking the written law, and if it doesn't state per household, you could simply "give away" one to another member of the house....

Just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it states "only 2 dangerous breeds on one property" they left no crackes to squeeze through at all

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well I'm not sure what shelter pertains to your mom's house, but this is from the "Last Chance Little Rock Animal Services": http://lastchancearkansas.org/breed_restriction.php

Requirements of Potentially Dangerous Breed Owners

• Owners will have until May 20, 2008 to comply

• Breeds are the "American Pit Bull Terrier", "American Straffordshire Terrier" and the "Straffordshire Terrier" or any dog that has primary characteristics of these breeds.

• Registration or Permit with fee is required (Dog and Owner will have to come to the Animal Village)

• Additional registrations for show dogs (unsterilized). Proof must be shown that the dog is AKC or UKC registered with show points or documents showing training to be a show dog.

• Additional registration for breeding dogs (unsterilized). Proof must be shown that the dog is AKC or UKC registered with show points • Dogs will be required to have a microchip.

• Owner must bring dog to the Animal Village (4500 Kramer St.) for photograph. The owner is required to be in the photograph with his/her dog.

• Dogs will have to be spayed or neutered (unless 1. additional registration is required for Show Dogs 2. additional registration is required for Breeders or 3. Veterinarian documentation, confirmed by the Animal Services Veterinarian, that the dog is physically unable to reproduce or that the dog will be medically compromised to the extent that it cannot reproduce).

• Confinement must be with fencing or in a structure.

• Confinement must be at the owner's residence or place of business.

• While off the owner's property the dog must be handled by an adult with the ability to control the dog.

• A sticker (provided by Little Rock Animal Services) is required to be placed on house where it is visible from street.

Maximum number of "Potentially Dangerous Dogs" is two.

• The permit cannot be transferred. Any change of ownership will require the new owner to register the dog in his/her name.

• Relocation to another address in the City of Little Rock must be reported.

• There is an appeal process for animals with questionable breed.

• Any new dog that relocates to the City of Little Rock will have ten days to comply.​

I bolded the number of dogs sentence, and it does not state per property. In addition, it states that the owner must be photographed with his/her dog, thus you might be able to pull it off, if they happen to not notice that you guys have the same address, but I would say let your mom go first, then go later on, and hope they are busy, or that their database isn't configured to notice duplicate entries of an address.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's not the finished and final letter they have not updated the site I'm talking about the actual final law that was passed and the final letter they mailed to everyone in the city............. That's why I called animal Control and that's when they told me you have to have the others put to sleep or give them away............

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
MY MIKADO said:
WHAT A BUNCH OF BS. I think it so stupid we pay these elected official to take away our freedoms WHY?????????:poke: :stick: :curse:
Just another reason why I lean to the right. Conservative politicians usually stand for personal liberties including owning livestock which includes dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I agree

We are dealing with the same crap here in SC too. I get hassled by people all the time about my dogs. Even the animal control idiot told me that I had to get my dogs registered,,,, the hell with that. I live in the county and told him I refuse to mark my dogs like that. I do not understand why they try to make you put your dog on some stupid " potentially vicious dog" list. Hell every dog should be on it then. All dogs are "capable" of attacking someone. To me ,it's bad ownership and irresponsibility of the breed, not to mention THE MEDIA, that put our ownership rights to one of the most loyalist and loving breed of dogs at risk. There are so many backwoods breeders, esp. in SC, that pitbulls have become a dime a dozen, a quick buck for these breeders. They have no love for the breed or preserving good bloodlines, just the love of money. I know I have got off track but I just get so p.o.'d about this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts