Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, its been a while since i've been on here BUT i have a VERY serious question. I have a female that is now 24 days into her pregnancy and i just found out that on her 21st day on pregnancy, she was spanked by my mother for urinating on the floor(MIND YOU, I DO NOT CONDONE STRINKING MY DOGS AT ALL!!) I had absolutely no clue about this but once i found out i corrected the situation and informed her that the dog is preg. So basically my question is do you all think that short amount of stress was enough to cause complications in her pregmancy or should i just keep her comforted(as she already is) and make sure she's being watched by no1 but me(which she will from now on only be under my care). I am VERY upset at what happened but there is nothing i can do at this point but prevent it from happening again. Also, she doesnt seem to be bothered or under any additional stress and all in all i try to keep her as happy as possible. While i am asking you all, i will also ask my professor/veternarian tomorrow, i just didnt want to be rude and call her this late at night. Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hopefully your girl took it in stride. Good for you to consult your vet, imo if you have not seen any issues, bleeding, excess panting etc.. she will likely be fine. Just continue keeping her comfortable and definitely try to avoid that situation again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Depends on how you define spanking and where you draw the line on the difference between scolding/reprimanding and beating. If she was swatted on the hindquarters no biggie. If she was beat with a broom handle, you might want to be concerned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your timely responses. According to my mother, it was a spanking on her hindquarters and she is really upset because she didnt know she was preg, which i must atke the blame for because i didnt inform her BUT it shouldnt have happened anyway. No there is no bleed nor panting. Actually there is no sign of stress at all but i was just really concerned because she's my baby lol

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
As long as she didn't beat the crap outta her I wouldn't worry so much if she's acting fine :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya I agree a normal swat she is fine, if it was a full out beating id be concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
This just doesn't add up. It looks a little BYB to me. His female was 10 weeks old on 7-17-2011

She is 2 years old
7-17-2011
Hello everyone, my name is tuan and im new to this forum. i own a 10 week old puppy
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/38417-bumps-hair-loss-need-help.html

1-23-2012
Hello everyone, let me start off by saying I do not nor do I plan on getting and breeding a blue brindle male or female. One dog is already a handful lol.
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/42260-breeding-blue-bringle-male-female.html

1-29-2012
Hello all, I recently got a 13 month old razors edge male.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/42350-slightly-under-weight-razors-edge.html

1-29-2012

5-2-2012
I have a female that is now 24 days into her pregnancy and i just found out that on her 21st day on pregnancy, she was spanked by my mother for urinating on the floor
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/43749-very-serious-concern.html

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
:goodpost::goodpost: ^^ you're on your toes aren't ya Doug ... lmao

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
:goodpost::goodpost: ^^ you're on your toes aren't ya Doug ... lmao
His female was 10 weeks old back on July 17, 2011. Then on January 23, 2012 he starts asking questions about breeding a Blue Brindle, but states that he has no interest in breeding or even buying a Blue Brindle dog. In that same post he states that ONE dog is already a handful. Wow, I didn't see this one coming at all! On January 29, 2012 he's now the proud owner of an RE Blue Brindle male. Now here we are on May 2, 2012 and he has a pregnant bitch!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
His female was 10 weeks old back on July 17, 2011. Then on January 23, 2012 he starts asking questions about breeding a Blue Brindle, but states that he has no interest in breeding or even buying a Blue Brindle dog. In that same post he states that ONE dog is already a handful. Wow, I didn't see this one coming at all! On January 29, 2012 he's now the proud owner of an RE Blue Brindle male. Now here we are on May 2, 2012 and he has a pregnant bitch!
Wow.. guess he didn't think anyone would catch on.. mad props cause I hadn't ..lol

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Ha! I remember his blue brindle question thread! I figured then he was up to no good.... Sad. No wonder he has posted "in a while "

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
hahahaha! see thats how its done, remember what is said and what is done .. .. .. can't give you any more rep... Call em how you seem, a spade a spade. :)

·
Banned
118 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Ugh right, you sure there is nothing wrong or any infections?? Why is she peeing on the floor or why are people ignoring her when she asks to go outside to use the bathroom?

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
sad really. i dont understand peoples want/need to make more puppies. i was just at the shelter yesterday for my 1st day of volunteering and met the most wonderful lil bitch. she was still super skinny but i could tell shed be an awesome dog. why dont people get dogs like her from the shelter instead of breeding. bad on u OP!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts