Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We thought our pitty had a stroke. Suddenly started falling down, head tilt, vomiting and eyes darting back and forth. Thought he was going to die. Luckily our vet was open on Sunday. Guess vestibular syndrome is more common than we thought. These symptoms can mimick a stroke, but are far less serious. It will take a few days and hopefully full recovery. Hope this helps anyone who's dog this affects.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Really happy to hear that you had a sharp vet and that the prognosis is a good one. That had to be terrifying to go through for him and all involved. Was it caused by an inner ear infection?

Appreciate you sharing as this may of be of help or relief to someone in the future. How old is your big boy now? I'm guessing he's got to be three or maybe four by now. We need some new pictures, hint, hint. :woof::woof:

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Interestingly enough, my old neighbors pug just went through the EXACT same thing with the same diagnosis. I had never heard of it before this post but as soon as they mentioned it on FB I knew exactly what they were talking about. They said the same thing about his eyes - they had never seen anything like it the way they darted back and forth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts