Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard it mentioned in a few different post and am just curious. I have never heard of such a thing. Can anyone point me too some companies they use. I know there are plenty out there but just like car insurance I'm sure some are better than others. Thanks in advance

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have mixed feelings about it....I had it for my cattle dog at one point but after a few years I got rid of it. Just didn't seem worth it to me. You still have to pay the vet up front of what ever your dogs medical expense was and then VPI will reimburse you a small percentage back. I had a friend who used it for her American Bulldog pup recently and she didn't really find it helpful other than the $100 she would have gotten back for neutering her dog. I just personally didn't care for it.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I also have friends who say its good for the last 5 or 6 years, especially if cancer or something else happens but I felt its kind of a waste. Especially since you have to pay for everything up front and the insurance will just partially reimburse you for anything you pay, after your deductible. I guess I didn't see the $60 a month (which is around what it was going to cost me in my area) and hoped I didn't spend over $720 a year on vet bills. 2 years in, a sprained paw and xrays have not cost me close to $1400 so I am glad I have not been paying it every month. Be careful some dont allow for pre-existing conditions and some treat some conditions that occur as typical for a breed, and will not cover those as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow ok. Thanks guys maybe it isnt all it is cracked up to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts