Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a good vet to take my pitbull to. Someone who is reasonable in price but also fair to the pitbull breed. I live in Mwc, Oklahoma but I am willing to do whatever is necessary to see that my pitbull gets the proper attention she needs!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
You are in luck we have quite a few members here from OK that will be able to help you. Thanks for takin such good care of her, she will love all the more for it :D

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I live in Gracemont, OK and work in Chickasha, OK.... Its not to far, but I use two different vets in the area (depending on the problem).. The vet in Anadarko, OK I use for common things, shots/wormings/basic problems...have used them for most of my emergency care since they actually take calls at night or weekends and don't send you to an answering service in OKC for emergency care... Although I recently had an issue with a mysterious virus that I had picked up at the LA show, I lost the first dog that came down with it, the 2nd dog was rushed to them, had to be taken back 2 hrs later because I wasn't satisified with what they told me...he was hospitalized on IVs and pulled thru, BUT they didn't do more testing to find out exactly what it was.. They tested for the basic stuff, all negative then chaulked it up to being a bug... I had 11 dogs come down with it, the first to get it, and the youngest (10 weeks) I lost to it....

There is a very good vet in Chickasha, OK - Cimarron Vet, who usually has recent Vet grads working there, they are GREAT for finding out what the problem is, they do have you going to an emergency vet in OKC after hours though.. Cimarron is a bit pricer than the vet in Anadarko...

Both places would be a bit of a drive for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts