Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own or know anyone who owns a dog from Victorino's? If so, I'm really interested in hearing about it. I understand that they're show dogs primarily bred for conformation and weight pull. Beyond that, I don't know how they might compare to dogs from other breeders, particularly game dogs? Are they all show and no go?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My mentors/best friends own one.. They are awesome breeders, and good people. They aren't breeding at this time.. but maybe down the road.

Loea (always forget how to spell his name), is a great dog, my favorite in their yard.

They have produced many show and weight pull dogs...

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I know someone who owns a male of that line and weight pulls him. I think he may also have his UKC CH title... He is a high energy dog. You need to look at the individual dog just as much as the line itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitely want a high energy dog I can take on trips to the lake, running and hiking, etc. So I'm sure there might be other breeders with dogs that have more drive and athleticism, but in my opinion, there aren't very many that look so unbelievably gorgeous. I guess a part of me is hoping that they not only look good, but also demonstrate tenacity and drive. I keep hearing some of the game breeders describe their dogs "as little balls of fire," and I think I definitely want my next dog to be super high strung, energetic playful. I know that to some extent most pitbulls have tenacity and drive. still, I think I might be a little disappointed If I spent all that money on a beautiful dog that prefers being a couch potato, which I hope isn't the case.

I really appreciate the comments, and would definitely like to learn more. Hopefully Victorino's resumes their breeding program, because I just can't get over how pretty their dogs look :). So yeah, if anyone has worked with Jonathen & Madelyn please continue sharing!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I definitely want a high energy dog I can take on trips to the lake, running and hiking, etc. So I'm sure there might be other breeders with dogs that have more drive and athleticism, but in my opinion, there aren't very many that look so unbelievably gorgeous. I guess a part of me is hoping that they not only look good, but also demonstrate tenacity and drive. I keep hearing some of the game breeders describe their dogs "as little balls of fire," and I think I definitely want my next dog to be super high strung, energetic playful. I know that to some extent most pitbulls have tenacity and drive. still, I think I might be a little disappointed If I spent all that money on a beautiful dog that prefers being a couch potato, which I hope isn't the case.
Make sure then either you learn how to evaluate pups or the breeder does so you get one that suits your needs and fits into your home. Of course some things change as they grow, but a lot can be learned from an 8 week old pup.
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/9956-evaluating-picking-pup.html

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Have you talked to them directly? They're both on Facebook if I remember correctly. I think they tend to prefer it if you come to them directly with questions. Not to say that you can't ask around, but that's just the impression that I get. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts