Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got her a couple weeks ago. Her name is Ellie and she's crazy! I didn't realize how laidback and easy-going Kane was/is until I got her, ha.

@apbt2010--when did you get your puppy? what's his/her name?

· Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heehee. I think most puppies go through that crazy-ear stage at around teething time. Ellie is ~11 weeks, so she's approaching teething time, and I'm noticing the occasional crazy ear. :)

· Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's snarked at her over a toy once. He was very appropriate in his correction (no contact, just a snarl and a little lunge) and she was being very rude even for a puppy (ie, chewing on his mouth to get at the toy he was already chewing on); problem solved, she doesn't bother him when he has a toy unless he invites her too.

He also snarked at her over food once when she tried to eat his dinner. (I had fed them separately, her first in her expen, and then him in the kitchen, when she bumbled into the kitchen! Turns out she can climb the side of her expen like it's Mount Everest, lol). Again, an appropriate correction and she hasn't done it since.

Of course, they're always supervised. :)

· Premium Member
1,061 Posts
ya see bear has growled at cali couple times over certain toys an food, i have corrected him in a good way just a stern no an pointed for him to lie down, which he dose. i always superivse since that last time bear was eating she came in my room an he lunged at her but i caught his collar of course he was corrected. with toys he invites her to play unless its a toy he loves an wants it all to himself, he will growl which now no toys allowed for him unless he is in seperate room

· Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See, I don't correct for growling because that's a valuable warning (for both you *general you* and whatever the dog is growling at). If you correct the dog for growling enough times, it'll catch on that you don't want it to growl--but how else is it supposed to warn the other dog/whatever off from whatever they're doing? Go straight to biting? Not what I want to see.

When Kane snarked at Ellie, both times it was her fault for being rude. SHE was the one that got taken away into a separate room for playtime by herself, not Kane who was only doing what is natural for dogs: resource guarding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.