Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the best I can do right now and I promise I will post up pictures later.

Female pup 1 , this pup's placenta stayed in Siren and I had to clamp it off and leave the hemostat on the placenta while still in Siren. After I took care of the pup I helped Siren deliver the placenta.

Female pup 2

Male pup 3

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Lol Female #2 is a feisty little thing already!

·
Registered
546 Posts
After watching that...I want to give Siren a big kiss on her nosey :D but also... it seems like a ton of work and there is a lot of stuff to do immediately after birth...so how the heck are there so many backyard breeders doing this? They need to leave it up to awesome people like you who actually know what they're doing! It seems to me like it would be easy to forget a step or mess something up... o__O

I love the boy's markings/color and the little stretch he does after you take that...thing...off of him . Sorry I don't know what anything is I've never seen puppies being born before...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Back Yard breeders get away with it because mothers can whelp themselves, you are just risking losing puppies from mother tearing the cord to hard, rolling on them, or them getting stuck.. As well as other issues. Not saying this always happens either. Quite a lot of breeders like to be involved to make sure everything goes right.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It scares me that BYB's breed because of all the problems you can have. Also why does it seem that BYB's always have like litters of 12? WTH! I want a litter of like at least 8, more puppies for me to choose from and keep! lol

Not all breeders are as aggressive with the care of the pups as I am. Many just sit back and watch and only step in if there is a problem. That is fine too but I have seen bitches who do it their own eat through a puppies belly while trying to eat the placenta. They don't mean to but it happens. Because I have seen that happen and know some of the other risks I do the cord care and the breaking of the sac myself. That way that is one less thing to worry about. I am a little OCD like that! ;)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
It scares me that BYB's breed because of all the problems you can have. Also why does it seem that BYB's always have like litters of 12? WTH!
Seriously! Not only do they have like 12 puppies, but they can get knocked up by a 15 year old dog first try!

You try to breed 2 nice dogs and half the time it doesn't take you or get a small litter lmao.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well reputable breeders probably have a difficult time with breeding and the number of pups in a litter because they overexercise / underfeed their dogs LOL (jk)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I wish there was a "like" button lol.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Lol at they were right no blues .... So cute and good job dr. Lisa .... siren is a good mommy. Can't wait to see pics of them.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still only 3 pups we are on our way to the vet to make sure there was only 3. I did not rush her in last night for a couple reasons. One is she was not stressed and not having contractions and no reason to think she was in trouble. No temperature she is doing great I took her temp every hour, the puppies are healthy, Monsoon has a history of low numbers in a litter, the vet who did her US was just out of vet school and this was his first one on his own I think he miscounted, and she was not very big till the very end. All these reasons made me decide to keep her home and watch her all night. If there is puppies left we will get them out but the danger of waiting is they may not be alive and I knew that. I just hate to rush a dog into a c-section is she is not stressed. C-sections means I might not make it to nationals and that would SUCK but her health comes first and why if there was the slightest indication she was in trouble we would have flown to the vet.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Awww, they are sooo tiny :D
I hope Siren is okay!! Better a small litter, than Siren having too much trouble.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Since she gave you exactly what you wanted do you have names picked out already?

I want to see more pictures of the little bundles of cuteness!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
congratulations!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very cute , congrats I think thats a nice size litter .

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! u can tell Siren is a good mom...so r u Lisa lol ;) cant wait to c dem grow

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Do you bring the puppies with you when you go? how far away is it? I am picturing a puppy ambulance lol

I am glad she is OK and you got your perfect number :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.