Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am working on putting together a big "pack" of responsible Pit owners to get together on the weekends for play dates, pack walks, training, and general fun.
we will be going out into public areas like parks, pet friendly stores, and walks about town.

dogs must:
be friendly to ALL people
Be On leash at all times
as well as be healthy and not in heat

other then that id be glad to hear from any on in the Hampton, Poquoson, and the surrounding areas.
other dogs area welcome but this is a predominately Pitbull social group as well as to show more of the world that its not the breed its the Owner that destroys dogs.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Nice. May I suggest having a few moderators on the walk. At least one dog free breakstick carrying person leading not afraid to tell approaching people to leash their dogs if they come across any. Every "friendly" dogs can have issues arrows hung a bunch of dogs in a pack. At least one in the middle and one bringing up the rear. All carrying break sticks. Put the animal reactive dogs in the rear and don't let any dogs greet nose to nose. No retractable leashes.

I go on many structured walks and they are not always successful. The ones that are have followed those simple steps and are awesome! Great experience and really structured pack walks help my dog tremendously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts