Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was hoping you could help me out with two quetions that I have. So today I went to the pet store to get my dogs food and the refrigerator holding this new dog food line called vital is right next to it and the rep was there and gave me there 6lb chicken one for free. So I was wondering what you guys thought about this product. It looks nice from what I've seen and my dogs sure like it but I'm not really a expert on this stuff. Also I was looking for a good multi vitamin/ supplement and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advanced
:woof::woof:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Vital brand Dog Food: Our Products

I never heard of it but it looks pretty good and the ingredients look good as well. I don't have it around my way but from my understanding it is a premade raw diet? I only have the frozen Natures Variety around my area. As far as supplements go plain yogurt with at least 7 active cultures is a great supplement to a dogs diet as well as flax seed oil or fish oils which have amazing health benefits for our dogs. What are you feeding now? My girl is getting Blue Buffalo and I supplement it with the yogurt and flax oil :) I found a great article on the health benefits of flax seed oil that I am providing a link of. Both fish oils and flax have both the same benefits for the most part.
http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/the-benefits-of-flaxseed-oil-for-dogs_814.html

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have heard of it, they have different meats but they are super expensive. if your looking to go that route do extensive research then do raw meat. Think of vital like going to the grocery store for yourself and getting organics instead of regular food. I use to use bil jacs mized with thier food but i stopped and now i use a BARF diet

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Vital Dog Food is a grain-free refrigerated product using a bounty of species-specific meats as its main sources of animal protein… thus earning the brand five stars.
Enthusiastically recommended.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vital brand Dog Food: Our Products

I never heard of it but it looks pretty good and the ingredients look good as well. I don't have it around my way but from my understanding it is a premade raw diet? I only have the frozen Natures Variety around my area. As far as supplements go plain yogurt with at least 7 active cultures is a great supplement to a dogs diet as well as flax seed oil or fish oils which have amazing health benefits for our dogs. What are you feeding now? My girl is getting Blue Buffalo and I supplement it with the yogurt and flax oil :) I found a great article on the health benefits of flax seed oil that I am providing a link of. Both fish oils and flax have both the same benefits for the most part.
The Benefits of Flaxseed Oil for Dogs | The Daily Puppy
Thank you for your responses guys! I'm feeding Wellness. I've just been mixing it in with there food these last couple of days and they go crazy for it. I feed them fish oils already. I'm just trying to find a good multi vitamin that is reasonably priced that works. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts