Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll out of Vancouver, WA

Would you support a ban on pit bulls in your city?
Pit Bull Attack Stirs Breed Ban Discussion - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

Current Results
Choice Votes Percentage of 31 Votes
Yes 16 52%
No 15 48%
Vancouver Mayor Tim Leavitt says the idea is being talked about privately among some city leaders. But at this point, he says, no formal request has been introduced to put the topic on an agenda.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
VANCOUVER, Wash. – A 9-year-old boy is back in school, recovering from an attack by three pit bulls last week.

According to Clark County Animal Control, it happened last Thursday when the three dogs rushed the boy as he was entering a friend’s house after school.

According to witnesses, the dogs had the boy pinned in a driveway across the street.

“He was scared, he was pretty scared,” said Rafael Blancas, who watched the attack from down the street.

Blancas said he was just about to get involved when he saw the dogs' owner running to help.

“They picked up the little boy, they ran across, then they got the dogs one by one; as soon as they got the child--the dogs calmed down,” he said.

The pit bulls have been surrendered to the county and are in quarantine at the Humane Society for Southwest Washington.

The couple who owns the dogs face $525 in fines for having unlicensed dogs, vicious dogs and for letting dogs run free. Two other pit bulls not involved in this attack remain at the home.

Meanwhile, city leaders are considering tighter restrictions on pit bulls which might include a ban on the breed altogether.

The debate over how to handle pit bulls is decades old, with pit bull lovers claiming the problem is not the nature of dogs but the nature of irresponsible owners.

City leaders will take up the issue at a meeting on Monday.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
thank you Tye!
PEOPLE, this is where I live, this is where my FAMILY dogs live. PLEASE do your part and participate in any way you can to abolish this BSL.
we're going to the court house as we speak to get a petition

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trev, I do believe there is a sticky in this section that will help you write that ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Voted, the No's are winning ;)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Yeah it would have to read like : We the people .. want to petition and abolish BSL presence, litigations, and influence in the city of... .... .. . Keep it formal short and sweet! ..

here is an example .. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/265/588/859/

if you google ... petition for anti BSL .. you'll see people are starting to get proactive especially after what happened in Oklahoma.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Let me know what to do bro I'll help out anyway I can.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I will also help you out. If you decide to rally at the court house etc,Myself and many others my way will have no problem in driving down that way.

Don;t worry I will be civil. LOL. Do not want to tarnish the breed name anymore then it already is.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See this is what I'm talking about, you guys go, they won't know what hit them :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Krystal :D

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
thanks everyone!
i didnt make it to the court house, Sarah had an unexpected ER trip.
she's being treated by a nurse that "treated a boy last week that was attacked by 3 pitbulls"... maybe a small world.
starting an online petition now

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
as of 12 54 tonight the pole reads

Some Vancouver City Council members want to discuss banning pit bulls following an attack on a 9-year-old boy.

Choice Votes Percentage of 1,645 Votes
Yes 659
40%
No 986
60%
Vancouver Mayor Tim Leavitt says the idea is being talked about privately among some city leaders. But at this point, he says, no formal request has been introduced to put the topic on an agenda.

number 12 signed :thumbsup: ill post it on fb

update:
had my girl sign the petition too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.