Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My business is trying to launch online dog training classes and we need a few guinea pigs to workout our system. Another trainer and myself have been working on this for about a year now and we need to just start testing it out on some dogs. If you are interested in Competition and I know some of you are this would be a great set of classes since we teach it for dogs going into the show ring.

The content is always geared toward a working dog or competition dog but is great for pets too. It would be video lessons and you would watch one once a week just like you would go to training class. The first set I think we will only do a set of 6 classes to start off and then get some feed back. I want 5 dogs to participate in the test so if your interested post here or pm me. To be fair it will be first come first serve and I already have one spot filled.
To participate you need

A dog at least 10 months old
High speed internet
Time to work with your dog during the week, time to watch the video and have 10 min training sessions 6 days a week.
Take time to give us feedback
Have a web cam, web cam is only going to be used if you run into a problem then we will have a one on one video lesson
A printer to print out any lessons plans you may want to keep on file

If you are interested and think you can meet the criteria please let me know and in the next 2 weeks we will be ready to start. I will also be having a puppy course going on next and will need people with puppies to participate.
All this is free I just need your honest feedback to help us get this going online.

There are many internet class websites but we are trying to improve on them and make it more personable.

The other trainer who is working for me is Dee and she has many accomplishments including AKC obed titles such as UD and several dogs with CDX's agility titles include several NATCH, ATCH, MAD she has been training for over 20 years in competition Obedience and Agility.

Thank you guys for your help!! I may add more spots if there is enough interest.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
awesome the new imac i bought has a built in webcam lol

so you can see me being a nazi with chino hahahaha

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I don't have a web cam:( but Dosia says he'll be your guinea pig :D

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
if you want I am willing to do it! I would love to have some advance training for Josey. I meet all the criteria.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
ME!ME! ME! ME TOO!!! Except I don't have a web cam but I can learn that too!!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
OOOO maybe me, the girls have not had any competition style obedience training. So this might be fun. I'm always up for learning new techniques LOL though I'm stubborn and set in my ways about certain training philosophies :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OOOO maybe me, the girls have not had any competition style obedience training. So this might be fun. I'm always up for learning new techniques LOL though I'm stubborn and set in my ways about certain training philosophies :)
Be open minded please if you want to try it out but I am all motivational in the beginning I do not think that will differ much from what you do ;)

As for the rest of you can you pm me with your real name and dog's name? and I need a valid email address too.

Floorcandy it is not that physical can she walk ok?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know I am new here and I haven't posted very much as I've been taking it all in but I would be interested in doing this with Zeus. He's just now 10 months. Only thing I dont have is a webcam.

If I'm too new I understand completely. No hard feelings.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know I am new here and I haven't posted very much as I've been taking it all in but I would be interested in doing this with Zeus. He's just now 10 months. Only thing I dont have is a webcam.

If I'm too new I understand completely. No hard feelings.
If you are committed to this project and training then I see no problem. I just want ppl to give good feedback and work with their dogs. If you tell me you want the last spot then I will put you in.

Sorry guys it looks like it is full! thank you all for your help and don't worry if you didn't get in this time I might do another free session.

Our next test will be a puppy class and back yard agility class. possibly Rally we will see how much I can get done with my pregnancy.

Puppy class is working on the foundations of training
Agility class will be things you can do from home to work on skill sets
Like weave poles, jumping, contacts, directionals, and so on.
The agility class will be for people already in agility or wanting to get in to agility. You will of course have to take regular classes at a training center but this is mostly for training you can do from home. To be successful in agility you can't just train once a week at a training center you have to work at it from home. This class would require you to build some PVC equipment but the best part is it is pretty cheap and easy to make.

Again thanks for all the help!!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Ok Lisa...

...sign me up for the puppy class as long as it is at least 6 weeks out. ;)

SoccerHockey and I will do the puppy class (she doesn't have a better name yet)!!!!!!

- Sara

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
...4 weeks from now she will be here...I have litter pictures I will email though...pretty cute little buggers!
- Sara

1 - 20 of 58 Posts